• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Key Tower problem

Started by Shadow_prophet, October 25, 2007, 07:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shadow_prophet

Basically i'll let the pictures do the talking.

NDEX Keys tower by equinox

At zoom 2:

At zoom 3:

The building doesn't seem to render properly only at zoom 2 other than that all other zooms is fine. Since it is CAM related just thought i should post it here as well in hopes I would be able to find a solution to this. I have also posted this on the NDEX board room at Simtrop.

M4346

I don't think that is CAM related as the CAM did not alter the original model, as such, but merely remodded and / or relotted it.

I think that is / may be an original issue. Have you checked in a region without the CAM and when using the original lots? (i.e. non-CAM lots?)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Shadow_prophet

Quote from: M4346 on October 25, 2007, 08:19:40 AM
I don't think that is CAM related as the CAM did not alter the original model, as such, but merely remodded and / or relotted it.

I think that is / may be an original issue. Have you checked in a region without the CAM and when using the original lots? (i.e. non-CAM lots?)

I already doubted it was mostly a cam related issue but just thought about giving it a shot.
Just checked with the original and it's the same thing.

But what i forgot to mention was that in case i couldn't fix it, what files do i need to remove to ensure that this thing never grows again in my city?

Edit: Allright found out it cannot be fixxed. I can get rid of the model and original lot files but which CAM files do i need to get rid off so it never grows again?

JoeST

None aslong as the lot isnt there it cant grow
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

M4346

To ensure it doesn't grow again in the future, just remove the .sc4lot and .sc4model files for that particular add-on, that is all and should suffice:thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

RippleJet

The south and north view at zoom 2 in the model file for the Key Tower are unfortunately scrambled.
The only way to fix that would be to ask SuperStar to re-render it from the gmax file.
And since he hasn't been active for quite a while, I doubt that will ever happen. :(

Quote from: M4346 on October 25, 2007, 08:32:26 AM
To ensure it doesn't grow again in the future, just remove the .sc4lot and .sc4model files for that particular add-on, that is all and should suffice:thumbsup:

Or avoid the south and north views at zoom 2... ::)

Shadow_prophet

*Sigh*

Looks like i have to hunt for the ones that grew and blow them up beforehand. Such a pity. &mmm....... :'(

QuoteOr avoid the south and north views at zoom 2... ::)

I refuse to be in denial that it looks like that, what would my sims think of me then??!! $%Grinno$% :-[

Well thanks anyways.

Andreas

IIRC, Superstar tried to fix that bug several times, but somehow, it didn't work. So you either have to live with it, or remove the Key Tower, as suggested.
Andreas

RippleJet

Quote from: Andreas on October 25, 2007, 10:02:52 AM
IIRC, Superstar tried to fix that bug several times, but somehow, it didn't work.

I tried once: Key Tower by SuperStar Fixed ::)

Before
After

BarbyW

&apls &apls &apls &apls The power of the Reader rules. :thumbsup:
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Shadow_prophet

Great..now I completely regret blowing up the buildings in game  :'( :'( :'(

RippleJet

Quote from: Shadow_prophet on November 24, 2007, 11:00:52 AM
Great..now I completely regret blowing up the buildings in game  :'( :'( :'(

Hopefully it will grow again! :thumbsup:

dadyrghluv

superstar, did try to fix it, and said it was due to a bad renering issue. he also stated, if he had time, he would try and re-render the building.

i geuss ripple found the solution. great work  &apls

Don't mistake stupidity for courage

rickmastfan67

-- James Mast, aka: rickmastfan67
Painter/Public Relations at: Masgrafx Racing.

Check out the 9/11/01 Car Set Checklist.

Take a look @ the JPG Compression tutorial.  A must read to help cut away unnecessary file size from 500k+ images to help dial-up users out.

Shadow_prophet

Guys I have another problem with the Key Tower. Now its the same rendering problem. It happens at the same zoom, but only when i am viewing the building at the western postion. North, south and east are fine. Just the western position. I just want to check if anyone is having the same problem??? Because I just noticed it yesterday.

RippleJet

When talking about northern and southern, they are not the up and down on the map.
"Southern" in relation to the building is the side facing the road (where the entrance is).

If I understood you correctly, you fixed the rendering error yourself.
I bet you fixed only the southern one of the directions (IID 0x00030100).

The Key Tower had the same rendering error in both the northern and southern view.
That's why there are two towers in the picture above, one with the road on this side, the other with the road on the other side.

The northern view has IID 0x00030120, in case you want to fix it yourself.
Otherwise, download the fix from the LEX. ;)

Shadow_prophet

Lol my bad. Thanks RippleJet. $%Grinno$%