• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Comp crashing

Started by Andronicus22, October 29, 2007, 03:03:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andronicus22

I have loaded LEX files on my puter and when i went in to play the gaem it crashed. i thought it was nothing and uninstalled the game. now i see that prolly wasn't good.

If any one can help id be obliged!

Andro

oyd

try using the SC4DatPacker made by wouanagaine...... it solved all my crashing problems....
u can find it on the Lex...
"Dear Prudence wont you come out and play..."

FrankU

It is possible that one (or more) of the files you have in your plugins folder is faulty or corrupted. You should try to find out which.
But first: lots of downloaded plugins also contain text, image or html files. You should delete them all, because they could confuse the computer/game. Though I never had a problem with this.

Some files from some downloads can not be in the plugins folder together with other files. Read all the readme's carefully. They are not there by accident.
Especially take care of modifications like the NAM or terrain-mods.

Finding the faulty files: split your pluginsfolder in two halves. Load the game with one of the halves. If it crashes again, this half contains at least one faulty file. If it doesn't crash: all these files are OK and you need to search in the other half. Split this in half....etc.
Takes a long time, but this way you should find the problem.

Good luck!

annabellelin

And, don't try to use the 'move' function.  As I have just learned to my cost.  Copy and paste.  Copy and paste.  Copy and paste.   &sly