• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Is it possible to save a message during preparation before posting it?

Started by Ennedi, November 03, 2007, 05:02:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

The title speaks for itself. From some time my computer randomly crashes - it is rather not caused by SC4, maybe something in BIOS - I'm trying to find the reason. When I'm preparing an update and my machine crashes, everything I have written till this time is lost.
Because of it I posted last two updates partially, modyfying the message many times. But it is irritating for me and for viewers. Today I want to make the next update - is it possible to solve this stupid problem? ()what()
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

JoeST

I dont believe there is a way of saving it on the internet... the only way i can think of is to copy all the message into notepad and then you can save it to your computer... i dont believe i have ever seen an SMF (the forum software) package for saving messages before posting or, like Simtropolis do it, allowing you to have a personal board
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

When I've written my tutorials, I've always had the content saved in Notepad.
Always, before pressing the Preview button, I'd copy everything into Notepad and save it first.

It's also easier to edit the text in Notepad, e.g. if you want to search and replace multiple text strings. :thumbsup:

Ennedi

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine