• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mas'71 works mini pamphlet.

Started by MAS71, November 08, 2007, 06:09:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAS71

@Editfish
Hello  :) and thank you for using my walls and warm comment,too.  ;)
I'm glad if you like them.  :D

Quote from: Editfishthe DAMN message (link) appears in your news or advisors window, but is empty (blank) when you open it?
Yes, that's right, as a following pic. ;D

DAMN's popup-window opend rights, but nothing is displayed in there.... &mmm

I'd check many time about an installing of the DAMN and DAMN-Indexer, etc, and got some advices for a problem from friends who can using a DAMN normally,too. but I could not solved it, and now too. ()sad()

and I tried to use DAMN that is not contained any none-english characters (i.e. Japanese Hiragana, etc).
Simgoober's "BSC Canal-Base Set" and "BSC Forest Tracks" could not worked right, too. &mmm

Alright,
I'll check again support thread and try again to use a DAMN. ;)
Thank you so much for coming all the way to tell me that Editfish:D

editfish

Here is one thing that worked for me when I had a similar issue:

Say for example, I want to download and install gobanboshi_konbini001.zip (http://www.geocities.jp/higtr116/simcity/sim4/DL/syogyo/convini-CK.html).

I cannot read the unzipped folder name on my computer, ("ìxèOî^âRâôârâjüwâTü[âNâïéjüx"), and there are 5 files in this example install:

• CS$1_2x2-gobanboshi_konbini001_130c2ab4.SC4Lot
    gobanboshi_kougaigatakonbini-kanban-sk-0x6534284a-0x8fdee581-0xd30c2482.SC4Desc
    ìxèOî^âRâôârâjüuâTü[âNâïéjüv-0x6534284a-0x8fdee581-0x530c24b8.SC4Desc
    konbini-kanban-0x5ad0e817_0x5309810d_0x30000.SC4Model
    kougai-konbini-0x5ad0e817_0x930975ff_0x30000.SC4Model

Note that one of them also does not display correctly in my filesystem.  However, the BAT/LOT file does show up during the setup process under DAMN, and can be added to the menu. 

However, once I start up SC4, the menu is blank, just as yours is.  ()sad()

I found if I rename two items in the filesystem: changing the subdirectory from "ìxèOî^âRâôârâjüwâTü[âNâïéjüx" to "gobanboshi_konbini"; and the file from "ìxèOî^âRâôârâjüuâTü[âNâïéjüv-0x6534284a-0x8fdee581-0x530c24b8.SC4Desc" to "gobanboshi_konbini-0x6534284a-0x8fdee581-0x530c24b8.SC4Desc"  (I would leave the hexidecimal descriptor unchanged).

Removing the non-unicode characters appeared to have fixed my conflict, and the DAMN then seemed to work normally.

I'm not sure how this would apply in your case since you use (I presume) Japanese language operating system and software, since testing this workaround could be cumbersome.   :'(

MAS71

Thank you again for a detailed report about your problem you had, and as a way to solved it as well. :)

Yes, I understand very well for your problem with some JPN's character in a file name,
and I know that is a cause of trouble sometime with various tools about a SC4. ;D

QuoteI'm not sure how this would apply in your case since you use (I presume) Japanese language operating system and software, since testing this workaround could be cumbersome. :'(
Yes, I though that just as you think at first, and Daeley said before, too.
However, I confirmed that some japanese users could use a DAMN right surely, and got report with pics too from them who using WindowsOS(XP) for japanese,
so I cannot but think that is not a cause by that. :-[

I already checked various factor and tried to use DAMN again at last night,
(i.e. account of my PC(Administrator) without JPN's character, versions of JavaScript, re-download latest DAMN files, etc)
however, DAMN could not work right ()sad()  I got same result as I posted before.
I don't have any idea any more..... :-[

Ok,
Thank you again Editfish for your helps and kindness.  ;)
I'll serch and look over through topics in a forum little more later.  ;D

-Mas'71

##### Edited #####
Now, I could get a latest SSPTool-DAMN (UPDATE 2.0.9) on LEX !
I'll try again with latest files of DAMN tonight. :)

##### Edited 2 #####
DAMN was not work... $%Grinno$%
Latest SPPTool and DAMN-Indexer worked fine, I confirmed a DAMN-index.txt was made right,
However, Icon were not display in DAMN window in a game, nothing. /wrrd%&
This problem is beyond me  ()testing()

CaptCity

Hello Mas71... I hope you are still around and doing well.

There is a question at Simtropolis about some of the JRP pieces (Here). It seems that at long range zooms, the ends of NAM bridges are being "covered" the JRP under-bridge pieces.

At close zooms, they appear fine...

But at the two farthest zooms, the ends of the bridges "disappear"...

I have not seen any mention of it, so I wanted to ask...

Thank you for all your work.

jeronij

Capcity, this is due to the LODs in zoom 5 being a cube (it is not possible to edit the farthest zoom LODs) , and so they show the model as a cube (wich it is not ¡¡) and it overlaps the surrounding models.

This happens with all the pieces which simulate underground under the current terrain level building, seawalls, landwalls, and whatever is simulates to be at a lower level than the current SC4 terrain level.

I hope I explained myself more or less understandably  ::)  $%Grinno$%
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

CaptCity

Thanks for the response, Jeronij...

I think I understand the explanation, but would this explain the issue existing at zoom 4. I have used several sets which have under-bridge extension pieces, but haven't noticed this before (but perhaps I just haven't zoomed out at the right time). In the above situation (after taking the picture), I built a LA Dirty River (RebaLynn's set) to compare, and the bridges did not "disappear" under those under-bridge pieces. Just curious...

Thanks again.

jeronij

I'll hazard to guess that this is due to the LODs Z position when rendered... I cant be sure about it because I dont have the scenery to test it atm, but if the model's LODs are rendered at anything under Z axis=0, (even -0.001), then the LOD would not cover the overlaying model if this is set to Z=0 (which happens with all the roads and bridges. they're always set to Z=0 (they are always right on the exact ground)

I can be wrong of course ::), and the glitch could be due to a corrupt model rendering at a determinated rotation and zoom level (do the roads dissapear in all rotations views?¿). If this were the case, then perhaps a new rendering would solve this, but this can be only done by MAS71  ;)

Ops, I forgot to add: Yes, this problem affects the zoom views 4 & 5, and in all rotations views  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

CaptCity

I understand and thanks again for the explanation...

Quote from: jeronij on January 07, 2011, 01:06:28 PM
...and the glitch could be due to a corrupt model rendering at a determinated rotation and zoom level (do the roads dissapear in all rotations views?¿).

And yes, the disappearance occurs at all rotations.

jeronij

Quote from: CaptCity on January 07, 2011, 05:03:23 PM

And yes, the disappearance occurs at all rotations.

This would indicate that it is not a model rendering corruption case  ::) ... rendering corruption does not always happen in all the rotations, and usually only in one of them. Anyway, lets wait & see if MAS71 has the  opportunity to come and check this  :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

MAS71

@CaptCity
I'm sorry tooooooo late for reply. :-[
About a details of LOD, Jeroni san alredy answered. Thank you my SC4-Master Jeroni san  ;)

Yes, This problem was reported before in our forum(in japan) too.  ;D
About a LOD at Zoom 3,4 and 5,  We(BATer) can make for freely.
but LOD at Zoom 1 and 2, They will be simple box automaticaly, its a specification of program of the BAT(B.A.Tool)
like this :  "$Deal"$

I think about a problem, These LOD(Zoom 1 and 2, simple box) was be biger more than NAM's slope-model, its a cause of problem.

I dont know a way to solved a problem besides to remake JRP's models...... ()sad()

I'm sorry to troubled you with my works.  &mmm
Thank you  :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

- For all my friends.
I still keep having some trouble and hard work in my real life.  :(
I'm sorry to i can not support for japanese works, site, and more in SC4Devotion long time....  ()sad()
but I'm fine  ;D I wish to come back here and enjoy time with you again, I hope so always.
and I'll check forum and PrivateMessage when Im possible to do.
Thnak you for your understanding,
and I wish to you have good days and keep a health good, too. ;)

Thank you
-K.Masuda

CaptCity

Mas71, thank you very much for the reply and explanation, and for teaching me something I never realized before  ;D

Glad you're fine and hope to see more from you when you're able.  :)

MAS71

Hello every friends of the world  :)

As already you know, East of Japan were heavily damaged by the Earthquake and Tsunami(Big wave from sea).
But I and all of my family and friends are fine, and my city(Chiba-city) was not have big damege. Its so lucky...
however, Over 80 nations already gave us big helps (Army, Rescue-Team, Relief supplies and more) for 450,000 people in stricken area "Touhoku" in Japan.

I deeply appreciated for your helps, warm heart and cheering.

I dont write anymore now becourse worry to that it will make you some confuse and missunderstanding with my not good English.

I'm fine ! We'll never give up !
Thank you so much for all of friends.
-K.Masuda

nekseb

Hello Mas71,
in the last days often my thoughts go to all people who are hit by this Earthquake and Tsunami and its good to read that you O.K.

All the best wishes!

Robert
I don't need to know everything, I only need to know someone who knows!

letum aut libertas

Delecto

Glad to hear you're OK Mas.  :-[
Since few days I am very anxious for our friends in Japan.  &mmm
I wish you the best.

Delecto!

Terring7

All my wishes goes to Japan. Be strong and glad to see you again :)
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

Badsim

So glad to hear some news from you ... What happens in Japan is going to change the world . It has been such a pain seeing these live videos about the tsunami that I cried . We can't do anything for the dead ones but in front of the nuclear disaster I pray for your country , even if I'm not a true believer . I'll be from now acting in my own country to get out the nuclear age .

Be strong .

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

peter007

Oh God

I'm glad you're okay. Yetserday was the first time I thought of you, because you're from Japan.
But some people are not so lucky. In another chatserver is a Japanner en he didn't replied since the earthquake  :(

shoreman905

So very glad to hear you and yours are well. I thought of you the second I heard the news. All our hearts here go out to you in Japan, you are a tough people and will recover to be even stronger.

jeronij

MAS san, glad to hear that you and yours are well  ;D  ¡¡¡, and be sure that you count will all our morale support in those difficult times :thumbsup:

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

louistsw

Great for listen MAS san is save.
Hope that more people in 宮城,福島,茨城 can be rescue. :-[

()sad() Also the nuclear power station in Fukushima ... ()sad()
A lazy fox (=^ω^=)

Canidae Inu Republic League
犬科大犬和民共和國聯盟