• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

No Landmarks

Started by Coldgob, November 30, 2007, 10:46:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Coldgob

Good afternoon all, was just looking for a way to remove the original Landmarks.  I thought there use to be a (No Landmarks) modd some where, but i can't find it.
  Or if i can just go into my files and remove the original onesm please let me know.
        Thank you
            Kevin

RippleJet

Such a mod must have been made before, but I couldn't find it right away.
Thus, I thought it would be easier and quicker to make it from scratch.

Enclosed to this post is RJ - Block Maxis Landmarks.
It includes all in-game landmarks modded not to contain the occupant group Building: Landmark

Thus, they won't appear in the landmark menu anymore. ()stsfd()

Any existing landmarks that you have plopped should still continue to function though.
However, the hover query for these would get a white background instead of the orange.
And the route query won't tell you anything (not even "no workers").

Coldgob

Thank you so much Ripplejet,  i did search both here and  ST, but i couldn't find it either.
   I new i had seen one years ago.  Thank you again.
         Kevin

Andreas

I also created an MML lot for the Maxis landmarks. They will be reduced to the construction lot, but if you want to plop a landmark, you can do it at any time. As usual, existing landmarks won't be affected at all.
Andreas

Pat

Tage so this will remove all the standerd maxis landmarks from the menu then with out a problem, other then what you said about if prev plopped landmark it just wont function?? also would something similar work to block out maxis other stuff as in police, fire, ect... Could that be possible or is that far fetching???

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

RippleJet

Anything is possible to remove from the menus by removing the appropriate occupant group.
However, for civic buildings proper testing would be needed in order to see how previously plopped buildings would behave.

Pat

ahh ok kewl thanks for the quick reply tage  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie