• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your small towns

Started by wouanagaine, January 31, 2007, 05:47:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmyers2043

Hello Szarkoz ... that picture is so nice. Thank you for sharing it.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

ThomasAH

Wow, nice pics! They're all beautiful, especially that last mosaic from Szarkoz  :thumbsup:

This is my little town. Sorry for the bad quality, but I haven't installed Photoshop yet, so I did it with paint ::)

BTW: This is my very first post  ;D

paroch

Hi Thomas,

In your 5th picture - I really like the small petrol station.  Where did you get that one?  I don't think I've seen it before.

Your town does have that "small town feel" about it.

I've only posted once before and had trouble getting the pictures loaded, so I think you've done a good job.

Paroch

Andreas

@paroch: That station was created by royal, one of the SFBT members. You should find it at the STEX, but I'm planning to upload it to the LEX as well. It's an ARAL station, a very common sight in Germany.

And while I'm at it, let me say that I really enjoy the pics posted in this thread. Personally, I always feel the urge to develop large cities, so this is a welcome change.
Andreas

mnmsimmer

The affluent Whitby Pointe hamlet located in the small, prestigious suburb of Wolverhampton:

mnmsimmer

Historically Signficant Norristown Village Green (45 minutes SE of Marksburg):

Masochist

Hmm...it might work if you change it from .png to .jpg.  When you try and post it, just put the link [ img ]<--- inside of these things (without the spaces) --->[ /img ] and it should show up.

Your towns look nice and tidy!  I really like the look of that grass in the second pic, and I like the variety of housing in the first.  Very nice work! :thumbsup:

P. S.
Next time, you should use the "Modify Post" option next time (as opposed to typing five different messages).
(Under Construction)

mnmsimmer

Lexington Park Subdivision, located in the agrarian, slowly burgeoning suburb of Westboro Hills:

mnmsimmer

Masochist,
Thanks, yeah I really do try to make my towns as neat as possible without making them overly homogeneous.
I am kind of a detail oriented freak in that regard, so you can imagine getting the "right" building in the "right" place takes time and is tedious... I guess that slows down my construction...

paroch

@Andreas - thanks for pointing me to that.  I've now downloaded it and also some of the other great SFBT lots.  I really like the Plattenbau.  Now just need to zone some new areas and see if they'll grow.

Livin in Sim

Hi, everyone,

I'm not sure I should post my town yet.   &Thk/(  Am I ready to show it with the likes of that mosaic?  szarkoz, that is such a nice grouping of residential, and the downtown has such character and culture.  I love to see those fields rolling up the hillsides.  Ennedi, I think I might be able to pick out a pic of yours from a group now, because you have a sort of Van Gogh effect about your pictures in the sense that the vivid colors and the luscious greenery are very affecting.  Those coastal pics are quite alive.  There is something endearingly familiar about wilko's and seahawks' towns.  Wou, you're in your own category, we know, and thanks for making this thread.  thomasAH, that is a great first post; that bridge just screams back water beauty.  Well, here goes nothin'...  &blush

A typical morning in Robertson might begin pretty early...

Heading into town, we drive past the bowling alley, implement dealer, and Farm Bureau.  Looks like Sobchak Lanes hasn't opened yet for Monday Morning Mens' League.

Motoring onward, we see that there is some new construction on the west end of Main; I heard that Smith and Kline Annuities was opening a branch...

... and a block or so further east is the Village Square, and headquarters of Robertson's finest, just changing shifts.

Next we pass the much-photographed Dubrinski Block, stopping at the Panera Bread Company for a nice warm bagel...

...before checking in for the day shift at the McCormick Spice Company.

Then, it's back home again for a few winks before we do it all over again.

Such is the life of a Robertsonian.

Thanks for looking in, comments and suggestions are most welcome.   :sunny:

Bye for now.

--Liv

Ennedi

Livin in Sim,

Thank you very much for your nice words!  It's a great pleasure to hear if someone has nice associations looking at my pictures  :)

Of course you should post your town - and not only one I hope  ;)
The first pic is my favourite - great sunrise light, the back alley fits very well here
I also like the second one. Wildflowers at the intersection - a little but very nice detail  :thumbsup: Maybe you would like to think about filling 3 single empty tiles in the right part of this picture (above, below and to the right of Sobchak Lanes) - by anything, just to harmonize
textures?
I like also the recreational space between industrial and residential/commercial area on 6th picture
Very nice town, more please  :thumbsup:

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat

Fantastic small towns @ all! Great pictures!

thundercrack83

Livin in Sim: Beautiful small town pictures, my friend! They look very realistic!

autoVino

Really small town (all maxis, baby!)  ;D

and a little bigger:

skell

Here's a town I've been working on. It's part of my MD, Buffalo County. Carlisle has about 6k residents I think.

No signature... I'm purely derivative.

bat

Nice small town, autoVino!

Also great pictures of your small town, skell!

jmyers2043

Hello Skell – I like your pictures a lot. Particularly that you placed SimGoobers Farm Bureau next to the block of commercials. I usually put Goobers Bureau at the outskirts of my towns but I think that I'll do what you did now. Thanks for the idea.

The prominent building in that last picture. I take it that it is a meat packing plant? With a stockyard inside the perimeter fence? Good job.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

rushman5

Pics of a town based off of an Ohio River town.  Just 2 smallies

Peace mon, good jobs here y'all!

bat

That are nice two picture of that town, rushman5!