• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

BAT Showcase

Started by mattb325, February 01, 2007, 04:07:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vizoria

Great work with the IHT buildings! The grounds look pretty but there is just enough of the grungy aspect to hint that these buildings are still industrial. They would go well not only in industrial estates but also retail estates and shopping mall areas to.

Andreas

I-HT is one of the few fields that has been neglected a bit by BATters so far, so those are more than welcome alright! Not sure about the underground parking garage entrance, as there seems to be ample space on the lot, but the rest is looking really fine.
Andreas

manga rivotra

It's really a wonderful bat, i love it  :thumbsup:

belfastsocrates

Delighted!!

I would remove the underground parking but I can amend the lot for my own personal tastes.

Loving these IHT projects, makes me very happy as Passau is clean tech and research.
A unique nation fusing technological prowess and unparalleled grandeur

"Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination" - Oscar Wilde

APSMS

Beautiful work!

These will really add a lot of diversity to the IHT sections, especially since the definition of I-HT's correspondence to RL is kinda muddy.
Quick Question: Are these large lots going to be CAMpatible?
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

My Mayor Diary San Diego: A Reinterpretation

vortext

Slick and shiny indeed, great work!  &apls

As for the underground ramp, it doesn't necessarily have to be for parking. It's not uncommon for these kind of facilities to have underground levels for the heavy / dangerous equipment, so outside access would be a logistical / safety feature.
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

M4346

I absolutely LOVE your work. I've been playing SC4 a bit over the holidays and your contributions feature very prominently in my cities! Thank you!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

c.p.

I love the building design, the materials and the lot.  It's a high-tech industrial masterpiece. :thumbsup:

mattb325

Thanks for the comments guys - all my modding work starts with the PIM-X, so it is perfectly Campatible (even if I don't specifically make things for the higher stages).

I hesitated with the underground parking as I knew there would be mixed reactions, but almost all developments now have underground areas as pre-requisite to building consent. The above ground parking you see is for visitors and customers - this sort of IHT acts as both a factory, office and showroom and employs a large number of people.

But, just a very quick break from complicated IHT and rounded BATs to fill another giant gap in SC4 content - nightclubs. Based on a real-life popular club

It's available here: http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=3331

dyoungyn

Looks GREAT! I just don't see the underground parking you describe in the preview images.

Alan_Waters

Doots-dats-doots-dats... Sumptuously! Bravo! &apls &apls &apls

Swordmaster

Great work here Matt!

Cheers
Willy

reddonquixote

This is very cool, great job with the lights!
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

romualdillo

I think that all the batters here started a conspiracy to blow my mind... Just that...  :P

Simcoug

Love the 40s style architecture... don't see that too often.  I feel like listening to Sammy Davis Jr.  :thumbsup:

noahclem

Looks excellent and it's such an uncommon style in SC4  &apls  Excited to put this night club in my cities!

Simmer2

Matt if you keep rising the bar there wont be ladders in the world long enough to be able to reach your level. &apls &apls
________________________________________________________________________________

JP Schriefer

One more awesome BAT! Thank you :)

mattb325

Thanks guys, I'm rather partial to the late 30's/early 40's style (also known as International Modern and Streamline Moderne).

Los Angeles has/had a huge number of these buildings and today's BAT comes from Sunset Boulevard.

It is the old CBS headquarters built in 1938. I have modded this as a TV station reward:

Get it here: http://community.simtropolis.com/files/file/30921-cbs-columbia-square-television-station/

JP Schriefer

Wow, this is amazing (again!!)