• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

ACB-VLT Terminals & Jets

Started by Voltaire, December 26, 2007, 09:34:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

allan_kuan1992

Quote from: RippleJet on August 07, 2008, 02:49:16 AM
Unfortunately the regional play isn't that advanced.
Every port (including shuttle stations) only affect the city they are plopped in.

That has always troubled many players. You would think that oh the airport would serve regions... however, the game doesn't have the expertise programmed into it to allow airports influence buildings beyond city borders. >.< Sadly, this appears to be embedded into the EXE which we do not have the necessary permission to enter and modify.

- Allan Kuan

Simpson

You airport is looking very good and réalistic  ;)
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

XoX

C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

Voltaire

Thanks everybody for the kind comments. Very nice to see new people commenting!

I'm far along in the process of designing the lower stages... enough to give a rough estimate of late September for release. Things have gone a little slow in the middle stages, because I keep coming up with good ideas on stage 5 & 6 -- then revising stage 7/8/9 to include the new feature.

Here's the (finally!) completed C gates on stage 7. Two new aircraft here, Owen & Porter's Aeromexico 737, and my new American Eagle CRJ-700.

The A319 will be part of the aircraft lineup. @jeronamo - Sarge is on stage 7 gate A5 :)

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

FrankU

This is incredible work and I am really curious what is this giong to be when it is finished!

Simpson

These pics are looking very good  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

jaronamo70

WooHoo! Frontier all the way  :P. Quick question though, are the aircraft going to be released as props or individual lots, or are they just in the prefabs?

redraider147

heck yes on seeing the Southwest 737 and American Eagle CRJ -700!!! AA and Southwest are my favorite airlines and being from Dallas/Ft. Worth, The planes I see the most. Thanks a million!!!

allan_kuan1992

he said earlier that a modular release will come later. It all just takes time...

- Allan Kuan

feelingshehides

This is Lovely! i can't wait for the release

jaronamo70

Quote from: allan_kuan1992 on August 14, 2008, 05:17:24 PM
he said earlier that a modular release will come later. It all just takes time...

- Allan Kuan

Ah my apologies, didn't catch that earlier. Looking very, very nice guys!  :thumbsup:

Voltaire

You're welcome redraider... also look for the American 737-800 on stage 9  :)  still my favorite livery

update on Prefabs... release timeline is firming up. Estimating 7 weeks for completion. There are major additions coming to the ACAircraft fleet, and retuned/restored models (CRJ-700/900) plus the bizjet (Challenger) series... now with airstairs  ;D

This shot is from the Lot Editor, assembly of stage 5 is completing now. Planning on Stage 4 has nearly finished, it features a much smaller terminal and mostly walkway gates... so I'll be using these airstair CRJs quite a bit.

art128

very nice voltaire, I like it a lot  &apls &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

redraider147

@ voltaire...can't wait! i love the AA liveries...so simple yet still incredibly distinguishable...gotta love it! Once pilotdaryl releases his new planes, the only AA model we won't have is the AB6 which is being phased out, so basically everything for them (not counting Eagle as AA) will be complete...you can bet my airport will be crowded with the AA models and the Southwest 737 models...quick question about the Southwest models though...how many variations of the 737 will carry the Southwest livery in your release? and will both the classic that i've seen your pics of and the blue be used if so?

Shadow Assassin

Very nice...

But I have a question: on the concrete runway on the previous page, why does it look like planes have been doing burnouts and/or braking heavily? :P

The skidmark is massive.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Voltaire

burnout then braking, yes... every time, unless the gear doesn't deploy :shocked2:

actually was modelling it after LAX 24L (live maps linky)...
Imagine 6-18 wheels going from 0-150 mph, in about 1/2 sec... and in a decent crosswind, you're banked to maintain heading, meaning one main gear comes down first, taking all the weight on its own  :P  (def ok they're designed for it)

PLT

Absolutely great project!  :thumbsup:

But just a quick question, does anybody of you know if the (not the) RMIP - Wide Runways and Diagonals project is still alive?

Cheers,
PLT

Ryan B.

PLT:  First of all, welcome to SC4D!   :)

As for your query, I think your best bet would be to ask David (dedgren).

Simpson

Voltaire, you make a very fine work here  :thumbsup:
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Voltaire

No update in a month... let's fix that.

Presenting the Boeing 757, after a long trip through development and kept secret until now:

Aerospace Consortium has already released examples of very large (350+ seat) and very small (50 seat) jets. We're now filling the capacity gap, starting earlier this year with the A320 and 737. Together they constitute the bulk of narrowbody jetliners flying worldwide. They seat about 120-200 passengers, depending on fuselage length and cabin arrangement.

In terms of capacity the Boeing 757 picks up where the A321 ends; about 200 seats and up. It is the 'hot rod' of jetliners, with extra power needed for hot-weather & high-altitude takeoffs, even at maximum design weights. The shorter 757-200 is the routinely used for trans-ocean flying. The stretch version (pictured) can seat nearly 300 when configured economy-only. That gives tourist-oriented and domestic airlines tremendous capacity in a single flight. No airliner currently in production matches all these features in a single-aisle (narrowbody) design.

------

Examples of all new AC Aircraft are installed on the upcoming Functional Prefabs, which replace the game-default airports. For example, you can find this classic Northwest jet on stage 7, and there's more on other stages... but you'll have to wait and see what they are  ;)

------

We're counting down the stages, reached #3 this week and not much standing in my way of completing the rest. Between the modding, packaging, and documentation... only about four weeks to go. More to come, new aircraft and functional features of the Lots are still being worked on!  ;D