• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How to list custom content in a saved city

Started by Chrisim, December 31, 2007, 06:29:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisim

Imagine you would like to get a listing of all the custom content (all non-Maxis buildings) that exist in one of your cities.
This may be useful, e.g., to verify whether a certain building still exists in a city before removing the building from the Plugin folder.

Simply use SC4Tool (although this functionality was not envisioned nor planned by the software authors). You can get SC4Tool here if you don't have it yet.

Open SC4Tool.
Select the Analyser/Importer (third icon on left hand side of the intro window).
In the Analyser/Importer window, click the icon for Open. The file selection window will open.
Navigate to your Regions folder (usually My documents\SimCity 4\Regions) and into the folder of the region that contains your city of interest. Change the file type to "All". Now your city files will be listed. Open the city of interest.

On the left hand side you will find the listing with all custom content (non-Maxis material) used in your saved city. Click on the Building tab and you get some more information.

However, if there is no custom content saved in the city, SC4Tool will simply hang (close it with the top right button). No complaints please, because the software was not designed for this task, it just works by chance.

wouanagaine

The city file contains a copy of some CC plopable building examplars.
I'll look what SC4Tool is reporting, as this will be very interesting

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

SC4BOY

More tools of interest.. and now the TOOLKING is on it.. ;)

blade2k5

Something like this could be very handy for authors of MDs/CJs as well. :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

xxdita

This is great. Now I'll be able to make completely sure all buildings are demolished before I remove a plugin. I'll give it a shot just as soon as I get a chance. Thanks Chrisim.