• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

Hi wwvictory, welcome at SC4 Devotion! 
I saw your pictures in varius "Show us your..." threads. Yes, this is the best way for newcomers to present their work and get some feedback   :thumbsup:

I like most of your pics, some of them look really promisive. For example I like the first one, very good work with the greenery in the urban environment!
I see your are learning new techniques and looking for the new stuff. I have a few sugestions for you:

- The red brick sidewalk texture can be seen along roads at some places. This is the default Maxis texture appearing at high wealth lots. there are also different textures for middle and low wealth (although they aren't so different). It looks a bit strange and makes your sidewalk cluttered.
I'd like to suggest you to look at LEX and STEX for various Sidewalk Replacement Mods, there are a few of them. Type "Sidewalk" or "Sidewalk replacement" int the STEX search box and you should find something, searching in LEX is a bit more complicated but there are less stuff there, try to use Power Search.
Personally I use the SMP Asphalt Replacement Mod, it changes (unifies) sidewalk textures and also some lot textures. If you will not like asphalt texture everywhere, try something different.

- You have some triangular texture edges along diagonal roads (around the square pond at the third texture). You can avoid that pattern if you will use SFBT Diagonal Fillers, go to Simcity Plaza site and you will find them (the Download section is called Simcity Kurier). There are various combinations of diagonal fillers with or without alleys, fences etc., both for urban and rural environments.

- If you have some "No Road Access" or "No Job" icons and you want to make a nice photo, you can remove them by clicking Ctrl X and then type "tastyzots" in the window in top left corner of the screen. Then press Enter and icons will disappear (they will appear again when you will type this command again, or if you exit the city and open again)

Adam  :thumbsup:
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

wwvictory

Ok cheers for the suggestions. I currently have Jeronij sidewalks mod but yer, i noticed the changing of textures depending on the zoning.

Ennedi

Quote from: wwvictory on January 17, 2010, 02:31:33 AM
Ok cheers for the suggestions. I currently have Jeronij sidewalks mod but yer, i noticed the changing of textures depending on the zoning.

I don't use this mod now, but I used it a long time. It has some optional files, I remember I also had some problems with removing unwanted default textures (till I didn't read the readme carefully  :D), but finally it worked well.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Terring7

Fantastic images wwvictory and welcome to SC4D &apls &apls &apls
"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

ophiuchus14

Your pictures make my cities look like rubbish dumps :'(. I don't have much ploppable buildings (I just don't have the ability) but I still like them nonetheless.

On the Timbuktu map my largest cities are Hetfield (pop over 300,000) and Kahu (pop about 120,000).

Hetfield

Kahu

On the San Francisco map I have Horsham (pop about 295,000) and Bellamy (pop about 120,000)

Horsham

Bellamy

I am the ANDYMAN

canyonjumper

Nice shots opiuchus14! Your cities don't look like garbage dumps, you should have seen my first cities :0, I didn't even have CC. Now those were garbage dumps :D. See what I can do now here :D.

Good luck with more cities,

-Jordan
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

ophiuchus14

I am the ANDYMAN

MattyFo

Here's mine, i posted along time ago using the same city but here is my most rescent.

!!!!GO HABS GO!!!!

surrus-ginagi

christmas craze in downtown Appurzhidon:

kevinaj

This is the outskirts of the Southern Skyscraper Forest, also known as Southern Downtown. Fact: This and the actual Skyscraper Forest are the only tiles filled with buildings (2 tiles only), and the population is already 1,031,474 residents!
I love airplanes.

surrus-ginagi

@ kevinaj

interesting concept, what is this building?:

drx.94

I have to say that I really love MattyFo's downtown, it looks great!

And to surrus-ginagi: Was that building plopped or did it grow by itself? I have never seen something like that! :P

canyonjumper

@surrus-ginagi: That building is the NDEX vOlcAnic Nightclub by N747 found here :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

kevinaj

Your right. I thought it would be interesting to make a city with a volcano shaped building.
I love airplanes.

surrus-ginagi

Eliteforce

This is a pic from Electri-City, the population is extremely dense, over 700k on 1/4 of the map. 
A quick collage of several pics together.  Click the thumbnail below for full size (it's huge!)

solsystem

@Eliteforce, this is a very impressive collage. Great!

Thomas

sEAhAwk fAn121

Here's the city I've been working on!  ()stsfd()

New Amsterdam  ;)

djvandrake

Impressive!  :thumbsup:  Where did you find that model of 2 Prudential Plaza from Chicago?

jimhsu

A (not too faithful) recreation of NYC. This is Manhattan/the Times Square area. The surrounding regions are far from done as evident from screenshots.

800K jobs and counting on that little island. City beautification spending really does work.

Monorails FTW ... :)

Some excellent plots by somy.