• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thundercrack83

Mulefisk: That picture is amazing! How in the world did you do that?
eljacko: You downtown shots look great! Keep up the good work!

Mulefisk

To everyone who has been asking me how I made the pic, here's how I did it.
You probably need to know abit about photoshopping to understand this.

First i used free transform to make the pic smaller and give it kindof a 3d effect, then I used the clone stamp to take some of the grass from the pic and paint it at the top in the shape of mountains. For the clouds I just used a paintbrush. Then I used the burn tool on the mountains to give a shadowy effect. Finally a little Brightness/Contrast to give a last touch.

This probably isn't a great explanation but hopefully you'll understand some of it :P

Cali

well ,however you did ot...it was fantastic... &apls
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Shadow Assassin

This is Avarinheim. A city of just 430,000.

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat

Fantastic picture, Shadow Assassin! :thumbsup:

Giligone

Well, certainly no comparison to SA's amazing downtown. Here's my CBD as of current.

It's a big pic so I'll just post the link.
http://www.atilligonefilms.info/SC4CJ/Nemonos/update_18/downtown_nemonos_mega_overview.jpg

EDIT: I figured out how to reszie images here.

Cali

wow, shadow, nice work. realistically detailed :thumbsup:

Cali

Alfred.Jones

That is insane work marcszar!! I am in love with your cities :P They look so realistic!

Sim City 4 Devotion

sarungman

marcszar.... ur pics ar always awesome!! :thumbsup:
:::=:::=:::=:::=:::=:::

please wait for my return :D
-AsianEvolusioner AKA Sarungman

rooker1

Shadow Assassin, great pic, very well laid out and good placement and choice of buildings. :thumbsup:

Giligone, nice huge pic, just how I like em.   :thumbsup:

marcszar, I'm so glad you gave us three pics.  Great everything.  I love the hydro line right through the city.  Awesome job. &apls :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

fantastic pictures and great city/ downtown, marcszar! :thumbsup:

iamgoingtoeatyou

Quote from: Zaphod on March 08, 2007, 03:07:40 PM
haha mulefisk that's awesome

hey iamgoingtoeatyou, did you stick the ads on that tall building to the right, or does it normally do that?

on the 21st century tower, the ad comes with it, it's really insane! ;)

great CBD's guys, i love the last couple of pictures!

Masochist

Hello!  I'd like to present my very first mosaic ever:

I'm very proud of it, I have to say...took me all freakin' day to finish it.  I have to see about the sister to this mosaic (which is just the same thing except at sunset)...I have to see if all the shades of orange match.  But this one's done, I do believe.  Tell me what you think!
(Under Construction)

Cali

eljacko

That's a very well done mosaic, particularly for its following of the highway.  Although, aren't you wasting a lot of space with those blank spots near the highway?  Your city at times seems a little more spread out than it could be.
- el jacko and such

Masochist

Thanks, Cali and eljacko!

Quote from: eljacko on March 20, 2007, 06:51:37 PM
That's a very well done mosaic, particularly for its following of the highway.  Although, aren't you wasting a lot of space with those blank spots near the highway?  Your city at times seems a little more spread out than it could be.

Ahh...well, the reason for that's actually getting into the farther outskirts of the main metro (getting into the suburbs), and from what I'm used to, the freeway usually has a lot of room around it out there.  As the zones get denser, the buildings get closer to it (and it becomes elevated).  I just wanted some open space somewhere in there, because open space seems to be too underrated.
(Under Construction)

bat

wonderful first mosaic! fantastic work! :thumbsup: &apls

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Badsim

Great works in there ... I'm not a big fan of this kind of cluttered & zapping thread ... I must be wrong .

Quote from: Mulefisk on March 05, 2007, 12:08:44 PM

Hey , Mulefisk , where have you bought SC5 ? Bluffing .... with an amazing work as backside .

marcszar ... I'm fascinated by your pictures , have I to go at Simtropolis to see some others ?

Shadow Assassin ; glad to see a picture from Ensenada ... indeed I really need to go at Simtropolis .... ::)

Congratulations to all . &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °