• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Downtowns & CBD's!

Started by Masochist, November 10, 2006, 10:45:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FromTheAshes

I think this is not a downtown, but I don't know where to post it. I'm trying to build a mediterrean (small) city and here is what i've got yet... Not tooo good, some mistakes, actually it's wip.

Oh, some buildings are not shown correctly...

Here we got a small overview:
Visit Vorsfelde.

Alek King of SC4

very high quality work above me!  nice continuity of BATs just mix up trees some more and fix that no job zot and it is perfect

FromTheAshes

Oh thank you!Yeah, I was planing to add some other trees but I can't decide which ones..
I've got a job-problem, because whatever I do, there are never enough commercial buildings growing... I'll try to fix that, don't know how at the moment...
Visit Vorsfelde.

Alek King of SC4

not enough as in the zones won't grow-then download super demand mod, if you are getting the wrong type growing try the no maxis mod.

FromTheAshes

No Maxis-mod is allready installed so I downloaded the demant mod. but i can't see any effect at all... What could be wrong?
Visit Vorsfelde.

NikNik

Spitze!
I love the mediteranian look of it.
A bit heavy on the palm trees I would say, it looks a bit like a tropical island now. But it's definetelly not wip.

Nik-Nik

bat

Fairlane500

I think I'm going to take a step, and go for the even tinier, if it sounds possible. i have seen some places like these...

LP_Green

Great work fairlane500

here's my favoutite downtowns I did in the past...

A different one...

Hope you like those pics...
LP

jeronij

To all the posters: WOW my friends !!!! I have just had the best five minutes in months looking at all theses fantastic pictures.

&apls  &apls  &apls

and ()flower()

FromtheAshes, your city looks nicely, but more caribbean that mediterranean, with so many palms  :D !!!
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

sebes

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

FromTheAshes

Quote from: jeronij on January 05, 2007, 12:33:58 PM
FromtheAshes, your city looks nicely, but more caribbean that mediterranean, with so many palms  :D !!!
Thanks. Yes you're right, there are to many palms... But as I said, I'm going to mix that up...
Visit Vorsfelde.

Alfred.Jones

Very nice work Everyone :thumbsup:

@LP, I like that onramp/offramp in pic 2, great idea ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

bat

FromTheAshes

Normaly I hate cheating. But this time I have no choice, because my mediteranean stuff doesn't grow at all... So: Once I had a cheater-LOT. It was a 1x1 Park, just some trees on it. After plopping it into a city, everything grew up very fast and everythng $$$. I NEED this LOT again, but I don't know where to search for it... I've searched on all the bigger SC4-download-sites but I couldnt find it..
If you know about this LOT and maybe have seen it, it would be great to give me the link...
FTA
Visit Vorsfelde.

mjig_dudy

Here is a screenshot from my latest city:

Alek King of SC4

emilin

Oh yeah, that's the good stuff. The buildings, the rail, the feeling. It's all good. :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

bat

Alek King of SC4

I will be posting pics of my new downtown area tommorrow.

It is an experiment where the only way to access the commercial jobs is via highway or rails,
I have managed to get 6 seperate rail/L lines and two highways entering the CBD each approaching 20,000
commutters all of whom commutte from outside the city tile, with no dilapidation issues in those cities.

Quick question, what is the most you have gotten on a highway  or rail without dilapidation problems, anyone get 100,000?