• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Fantasy Maps by blade2k5

Started by blade2k5, February 06, 2007, 04:24:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

blade2k5

This thread I will use to showcase my new map projects when they are completed and ready for upload. 

My first new map in nearly 3 months completed last night is a re-do of an old map I uploaded nearly a year ago called Sddlaback Bluffs.  The old version was hand-drawn with Paint then rendered the old fashioned way.  This re-do gives the new version a more realistic look than the original.  I will probably upload this map in a couple of days over at ST.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

beskhu3epnm

The water template on this one looks pretty cool. Also, nice water mod for the pics.

I couldn't have picked it out better myself!

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

blade2k5

I think it's Pegs Crystal Blue water mod if I remember correctly.  I also use the white sands mod and Pegs gray rock mod along with Cycledog's Olympia Terrain mod.

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

bat

That is a wonderful map!! :thumbsup:

blade2k5

After spending roughly 65 hours drawing the grayscale for this new map, then another 5 hours smoothing and texturing with SC4TF, my lastest fantasy map has now been completed.  The mountains rise over 15,000 feet in height and features more than a dozen rivers, a couple of lakes and an ocean to west.  I'll let the images below do all the speaking for me.  Enjoy.

HabLeUrG

:thumbsup: &apls that map looks so great and unique

bat

great new map! like the mountain(s) :thumbsup:

Zaphod

thanks for making all these fantasy maps

I like the first map, it looks like it would be easy to build on yet still provide a lot of variety
War Kittens !?

blade2k5

Here's my latest map that I just finished, a 5x5 lg tile, but haven't named yet.  Anyone have any ideas on that?  It should be available for upload once I finish opening the tile in game for the rendered look.  Thanks for dropping by.

Pat

wow this last map is sweet looking Troy.... hmmm what about Lake Tom lol  :D  no really I'm thinking about that pyramid looking mountain, maybe incorporate that somehow? - pat

btw made my 2300 post here........

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

blade2k5

Thanks patfirefghtr.  I came up with a name finally ;)  Here is the rendered look for the new map which I call Aroknan.

Pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

moganite

Damm good map there
right now i am experimenting with a 16 bit RGB hand drawn map only just started it  but it is possilbe to do the same thing using the scaling.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine

Vandy

Hi, Troy.

Welcome back.  I've missed you and the chance to chat with you.  It is really good to have you around the forums again.

I see you've retained all your skills as a map-maker and then some!

Your new maps really look great -- as blade2K5 has always done.

It is really FANTASTIC to see that we still have a very nice contingent of our team members still interested in making maps.  Thanks so very much to all for this great boost to our mapping library.

Regards,

Gary

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980

blade2k5

Thanks guys.  It's good to be back and nice to know I still have my magic touch for making maps.  Don't know why, but I just love drawing maps.  Have since I had to do a report on England in the 6th grade and drawing a map of England was part of the report I had to turn in.  Oh, and I got a C on that report if I remember correctly, but it was some 30+ years ago.....

blade2k5

I did a little touching up on this map.  All I have left to do is get the readme put together and zip all the necessary files and it is ready for upload :thumbsup: probably by Monday at the earliest.

EDIT 11-5-07:  Map is now available on the LEX :thumbsup:

blade2k5

I just finished up four of several themed standard sized maps [4x4 or 16km x 16km] that I'm planning on uploading as two-for-one packs.  Themes for this series of maps will include regions dominated by lakes, rivers, islands, coastlines and canals to name a few and all will include various terrain elevations for a natural look.  All will be in the fantasy map catagory, though you may find some familiar land/water forms found in RL ;)

The processes involved in the creation of these maps is first hand drawing the grayscale using Paint, then loading the finished grayscale into sc4tf.  I then mess around with raising/lowring the terrain and using the water/talus erosion features until I get a look I'm satisfied with.  Afterwards, I do the usual smoothing and then begin the task of opening the tiles in the game.

These four maps are lake themed, some more plain than others, a couple with distinguished hills and mountain peaks and a couple of volcanic peaks on another.

Map 1

Map 2

Map 3

Map 4

wouanagaine

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Vandy

Hi, Troy.

Meh...  Looks like a bunch of land and water to me...

;D   ;)   :thumbsup:

NOTE:  The above was said in jest just because I can!

Seriously, Troy, it is really great to see you back in the map-making business.  I'm quite impressed with Aroknan.  Your finished product looks very nice.  The latest series of themed maps are also quite nice.  I do like the way youve been able to balance the water areas with the rolling hillsides.  I would imagine any serious region developer will be quite pleased to use these as the basis for developing their region.

Great work!

And, it really is great to see you posting again AND creating excellent maps!

Regards,

Gary

In the end you will see, you is you and me is me.  © May 29, 1980

blade2k5

Thanks Vandy.  I'm glad to actually have the time again to make maps and hang out here when I'm online.  Now that my other online activity has gone on hiatus until January, I'll have even more time now.