• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ferox's BATs

Started by Feroxx, February 04, 2008, 06:59:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feroxx

For a long time i dont wrote here, so i present new photo :)

This big one is my new model.

tcx

It looks great and it fits perfect with your previous bats.  &apls

rooker1

I kindly disagree.  It looks like your floors are to low after the first floor.  When you get to the fifth floor you seem to be off by quiet a bit compared to the surrounding buildings.  It looks to me like the second floor windows could be the most increased and the the foloowing floors as well but by a lesser amount.  Now I am not a batter and this is just my opinion from what I see.
Other wise this is a fantastic looking model.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

szymcar

Rooker - It's typical and normal for this architecture and IMO floors are brilliant.

vester

Rooker: A few days after a discussion at the bsc team board about floor highs, I was in Copenhagen I noticed how different the floor highs were.
One place just next to each other was a building with 6 floors and next to it, was a building with 4 floors. The cutter on the 6 floor building was about 1 meter higher up than on the 4 floor.

Well on the other hands I would say a lot of Feroxx buildings looks a bit to low in game.

rooker1

You guys see where I am from.  I have never seen anything like that before, where the floors are so different and as I said that was just my opinion from what I had seen and what I believe to be right.  But if you two say this is normal in other parts of the world, who am I to argue.
And for the record, I did say the model is excellent.  &apls
Robin  ;)
Call me Robin, please.

vester

Mind you, here in Europe buildings from last century can stand next to some there is 2, 3 or 4 hundreds older.

If I remember it, I will take a picture or two for you, next time I am in Copenhagen.

Feroxx

Here is photo of this building, as you see floors are lower than in those near older tenements.

vester

Still, I would say, the floor heights looks a bit to low in the game picture, compared to the RL picture. I would say that you should scale up the height of the floor by 1.3.

In your RL picture, the windows of the 9th floor, looks like they have a height/width ratio that is almost 1. On the in-game picture it looks more like the ratio is more 0.75. A scale of the height by 1.3, would almost make the ratio 1 (1.3x0.75=0.975)

EDIT: RL = Real life

Feroxx

My BAT is just wider than the RL building. I had to widen it to fit it to w2w development. Flor size must be smaller that in pre war buildings. If i scale up the high by 1.3 it will by even higher than those bella epoque tenements.

vester

the Bella Epoque tenements ?  &mmm sorry, dont follow.

Feroxx

Quote from: vester on May 14, 2008, 01:46:49 PM
the Bella Epoque tenements ?  &mmm sorry, dont follow.

Buildings build between 1871 -1914.

vester

Something you batted ? (I can't find any)

if not, why are you comparing bats with RL?

Ennedi

I don't want to say about the SC4 scale and adjusting the height of RL buildings to SC4 conditions. Many experienced people discussed this theme long time ago, especially in BSC. In my opinion, it is good to look at many existing BATs and compare the new model size with them. Buildings from various countries and ages are often used together on one street, it is good to be able to achieve a cosistent general look.

But I would also like to emphasize the same thing as Arne (vester): newer buildings have significantly lower floors than older ones. I visited many ancient tenements in Cracow - during my studies and later when I established my building company (I was engaged in ancient buildings renovation for a few years). Modern residential buildings (for example typical European blocks, but also new tenements, appartments etc.) have floors about 2,70 - 2,80 m high (the first floor is usually higher). The floor height in old buildings is much more, from 3 - 3,20 (first half of 20th century) to 4,5 meters. It's a big difference and it can be often seen at downtown streets in old European cities.

Beautiful buildings Błażej!  :thumbsup:

Adam

Edit:

Belle Epoque

See also Art Nouveau
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Feroxx

Quote from: vester on May 14, 2008, 01:55:17 PM
Something you batted ? (I can't find any)

if not, why are you comparing bats with RL?

I compared this one with my buildings from Ujazdowskie Avenue (in RL floor high is about 4m). But if you build my new BAT next to Erdmoebel's or Odd's buildings hight difference will be very small.

Thank you Ennedi for accurate explaining the topic :)

vester

Quote from: Feroxx on May 14, 2008, 02:06:15 PM
Thank you Ennedi for accurate explaining the topic :)

I do follow Adam, but I wasn't talking about the wealth, but more game pictures compared to RL.
Not comparing to any bats, but more bats (in game) to RL.

EDIT: Here is your picture were the height is rescaled 1.25:

I would say that the height/width ratio is more like in the RL picture.
(Please ignore the sidewalk in the in-game picture)

Feroxx

Yes my BAT have different proportion, but hight is ok, it's only wider.

I paste yours scaled version and as you see building floors now are to high, but proportion was saved, but i think it's beter now because if i scale up my BAT it will by much higher than other European tenements availeble in SC4 and it wouldn't look nice ;)

I try to upoad later screens from game with other euro buildnigs.

Adept2Rock

Good job!!I love it!! :thumbsup: &apls
Come to visit Sancerre French department with various European archtectural styles!

In French Forum:

http://www.toutsimcity.com/forums.php?viewthread=284520
In devotion Forum:  http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2654.0

Feroxx

Here is a nice foto, neogothic one with about 4 meters floor high, next one the left with about 6 m first floor and post war building (dark one) with 6 floors has almost the same hight as the neogothic BATed by my. I think That the dark one has similar floor hight to my new BAT from Polna street.

And game pic:

6 floors of my Polna 48 = 5 floors of neogothic Ujazdowskie Avenue 22.

rooker1

Wow, very interesting.  Thank you for showing me these pictures. 
I took some time today to search the internet for stuff like this.  And I found quite a bit.  I knew floors varied in size, but not by that much.
At any rate, my comment was just my opinion of what I was looking at, at the time.  I'm sorry that I started this big debate, but for me, I have leared something very interesting today, so thank you all very much.
Robin  ()stsfd()
Call me Robin, please.