• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

How long do you play at one sitting?

Started by Masochist, November 11, 2006, 07:24:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

Quote from: fernby on September 19, 2007, 07:15:29 AM
I think some of us owe our wives a well deserved night out on the town.

or at least a cuddle.

author=Serkanner link=topic=38.msg75455#msg75455 date=1190890182]
Do we have to join them? If we could let them go with their own friends we have yet another night of unlimited gameplay ...  >:D

Hmmmm you know what a little cuddle time that wouldnt be to hard to do when im not busy doing something involveing sc4 lol....  I agree Serkanner do we have to join them on that night out, cause dannnnnnng all night playing would make my night lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

skram

at lest an 1 hour or two the most i've played was at least half the day lol

Xiziz

I usually fire up the game without any goal, late at night, from regionview i choose a tile to play, and il play that tile untill whatever project ive started is completed, it may be an industrial district, certain parts of an airport, rural villages or whatever, but i dont shut the game down untill its finished, or i decide that i NEED coustom lots to accomplish what i want to accomplish.

Per example, two days ago i started playing my airport tile, which already is planned all through, the runways were already paved and the terminals set, so i started building all the taxiways, and i didnt stop playing untill all the taxiways were finished 4 hours later, when i decided that i need some costum lots inbetween the planes and the taxiway, which i then started working on, now im just waiting for a range of ID's for my new textures(which are made) before i can continue.

I generally play 4+ hours when i play, then some small 5 minute passes in a vanilla enviroment to test lots.

When batting i usually only make one peice or section at a time. I may make the Fuse of an aircraft in one sitting, go and have a cup of tea(or sleep depending on the time) before making the next part, and so on. Texturing takes even longer, thats basicly tabbing between Gmax/3ds previewrenders and photoshop to adjust things :P

spartanB292

when i do play, i start at about 5 or 6pm and go till i get tired, 10 or 11pm usually, don't play every day tho, and that time's the same as with my other games
Yarbles! Great bolshy yarblockos to you sir!

blade2k5

At least 12+ hours or longer if I don't have to work, 4-6 hours if I do ;D

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

bwatterud

Actually haven't dusted off the disk and fired 'er up in a while now.  Been busy rebuilding my plugins folder though.  Oh, and there's RL (stupid RL).  ;)

teemu_om

Apart from testing my BATs, I haven't touched the game in over a year... Lately I have felt the urge to start playing again, though. Maybe do some kind of recreation of a real city.

Filasimo

before i got into lotting and such i used to play for several hours at a time.....as teemu sed ive been wanting to play again but im currently bogged down with work and lot projects  ;)
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

fernby

Quote from: Serkanner on September 27, 2007, 03:49:42 AM
Do we have to join them? If we could let them go with their own friends we have yet another night of unlimited gameplay ...  >:D

you evil evil person......

of course, you DO happen to be right. ;D
You are reading the sig of a SC4D Citizen.

ssc4k

one time i was at my friends birthday party and we stayed up all night. i bought him cd got the plugins from my pc to his and said i would give him a great region. well i forgot the region so i stayed on the computer playing it for 18 hours so he could have a nice region...... then i went home (he lives down the street) and played on mine to try to get another good region going for 4 hours.... you can tell i was tired and fell asleep in my computer chair. and this party was on a Friday so i had to wake up at 5... never doing that again :p

otherwise maybe 8 hours average is around 2 :P
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature and help him gain world domination.

fernby

Announcement all!!!

This friday (19th October 2007) I am going to attempt to set a personal record for lenght of time playing SC4! I will commence playing at 8pm Australian Central Standard time (coz Ilive in Australia) and will try and make it through to sometime on sunday 21st. 30-odd hours of SimCity4 should be enough to break a record of some kind, wouldn't it???

NO SLEEP, NO PAUSING, JUST BUILD BUILD BUILD!!!!!

Wish me luck....

Of course, the ground rules for myself: ;D

-Pausing the game is not allowed. &mmm

-Toilet breaks are allowed, as long as the game continues to run.  :thumbsup:

-Answering the phone.. well, the wife might smack me if I don't answer the phone.. so, I'll say that answering the phone would be acceptable.

-Food preparation will consist of grabbing some biscuits and snacks from the pantry. maybe some cereal for breakfast. ;)

-If the game crashes, freezes, or the computer explodes, the stopwatch will pause until theings are restarted and the game will begin immediately once system is restored (this allows for things beyond my direct control). :'(

A full report on Monday will follow, of course, for those keeping score at home.
You are reading the sig of a SC4D Citizen.

Emperor Stormont

It really depends, have not been spending that much time with it lately. I do spends hours at a time, my cities need that kind of attention has taken my months to finish cities to me exact style....

RL and getting out also impacts as well as work and Uni, but I do try to make an effort, esp for my CJ and my own creative outlet. I'm no Bat'er but I can sure as hell build a grand city, so that works for me.

All depends on what time I have really.

@Fernby, bloody hell, good luck with that. I could do something like that is I wanted to set myself a deadline to actaully finish a city in a decent period of time.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

xxdita

Right now I'm averaging between 1 & 2 hours per day actually playing the game, at least 5 days a week. My days off, I'll usually spend 3 or 4 hours playing.

FrankU

@Fernby,
I am really worried about you.... Your announcement is more than a month old, but I don't see a report. Hope you didn't drop dead?

Some years ago, when I lived on my own, I played a lot, often until deep into the night. Once I "woke up" at 7.30am and realised that I just had enought time to take a short shower, eat a biscuit and jump onto my bicyle to get to the office in time....
This was when I played Civilization and SC original....

Now I am married to the best girl around and we have a beautiful 3 year old daughter.
I like to spend my time with them.
Other people watch TV, I play SC4.
I play one evening a week, let's say about 3 hours, and on fridays when I am at home with our girl, I play about 2 hours when she has her afternoon nap.
Visiting SC4D I do in the office on stolen moments.

Always too short to finish what I planned.. Sometimes I felt like playing deep into the morning, but afterwards I had a bad day then and shouted at wife, daughter and colleagues.... Not too good, so I quit the habit.

Pat

LoL FrankU dont worry Fernby fell short of his goal and a good discussion did take place afterwards about the dangers of doing such a stunt again and what it boiled down to is he wont do that again lol....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Starmanw402007

For me, I like to play SC4, for at least 1-2hrs sometimes more. in The Mayor's Diary, I've been working on a City called Steven's Point. Will give you more details about Steven's Point there ok. As far has SC4 is conerned, I think I've gotten hooked on it:D. Sometimes when I start playing the game it takes hours for me just to get off the game. Because it's that good lol.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

Merged your post in the same topic thread ~Wouanagaine~
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

WillG_75

I'll play anywhere from 15 minutes to 6 hours a day. Some are addicted to crack, I am addicted to SimCity4 :D

FrankU

Beware beware!

You can be fond of chocolate
You can love your boy or girl
you can be addicted to crack
and then there is SC4

RickD

That's so true, FrankU.

Sometimes I just start the game, let the simulator run for a while, plant a few trees maybe :) but give up pretty soon due to a lack of inspiration.
But sometimes I have kind of a "creativity-flash". An idea begins to form in my mind followed by the struggle against the limitations of the game ::) and before I know what happened, the day is gone.  ;D
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

oldrogue

My playing habits change or evolve or something....right now I am in the mode of playing just about everyday, at least an hour or so, usually between two and four hours.....it helps that my current region is 11x11 large cities.....!... I gotta stop looking at NHP maps....I want them all and some are soooooooooooo big...somedays I just do a little something...other days I'll look up and have to check to see if the world is still out there :P, doesn't matter if it is or isn't....I've got my world here on the 'puter....sheesh
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.