• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

My BAT creations

Started by khoianh94, February 16, 2008, 04:53:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat Riot

you have just made Joe from family guy really happy. I do wheel chair ramps when i work in 3ds cause im to lazy for stairs :D course when i use 3ds, there is a stair tool, because 3ds knows im lazy.

khoianh94

So, I've started making a rowhouses pack, this is an early version of the first one:

khoianh94

I've added a balcony on the back side of the house:

:thumbsup:

RebaLynnTS

Nice work, I hate doing angles in GMax though .. never thought that math would come in handy for a game :)
Becca

Look for me at ... Becca At Bat

Pat

looking real good and now I know why I cant bat to save my life i cant add lol

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

khoianh94

The BAT itself is almost finished. Only textures and colour variations will be added:

Krio

Maybe more details, like antennas, solar panels, smokestacks etc. could and should be added.

kaos78414

Quote from: Krio on March 02, 2008, 02:04:37 PM
Maybe more details, like antennas, solar panels, smokestacks etc. could and should be added.

Agreed. but dang it looks good, doing a lot better than me. =P

Pat

I do agree some more roof junk is needed on this IE as Krio said, but other wise this is looking real great!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

khoianh94

Well, solar panels and smokestacks are an option. And these are the colours I want to make for the house:
- red
- blue
- green
- grey
- orange-yellow
- dark blue

Do you want some other variations?  ;)

khoianh94

Sorry for double posting, the first BETA version is online: (DL link in the image)

Heblem

thats looks nice  ;)

I suggest you to use some good textures for the edges of the windows and roof, but anyway youre doing great  :thumbsup:

City Builder

I agree with some others here and think that it needs some more roof junk.  I don't know that a major whole house AC system on this type of roof will look right or not, but it needs something to break it up a bit.

Maybe it's just me but do the textures look a bit flat to anybody else?

Other than that, it's definitely got a distinct shape to it, and one that I'd not try myself to bat, angles are not my friends.  Do these grow on their own or are they ploppable?  Im just not so certain about having suich a distrinctively shaped house showing up in too many areas might detract instead of add to the beauty of this houses distinctive design.

Keep up the great work, looking forward to more colors of this one.  However, when it comes to the colors, I think I'd be using that list of colors that you gave a couple posts up as the colors for the framework and window boxes and hope it's not for the whole building itself.
When your tired of games of destruction, come to CityBuilderGames.com to discuss games of Construction!
Oh!  Thanks for the negative rep, I love you too!

autoVino

Some *fake* raytracing would be nice.  This thread has some good theory on it:
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=140&threadid=76233&enterthread=y

I don't think that you really need any roof junk on this, but a subtle roof vent or chimney won't hurt.  But don't get carried away with it, too much roof junk can become just that: junk.
You could probably add some subtle detail around the buidlign too.  Since it's a relatively small model, some furniture inside wouldn't hurt, and may make it look even better.  Maybe a couple window blinds here and there would also make it look better.  But that owuld requier a couple of variations on their own.

Be careful with coloration, Try to avoid super saturated colors, often those can make it an eye sore in the game.  Most of the game buildings are somewhat desaturated.

Otherwise, it looks good  :thumbsup:.  Still needs some work, but I do hope you're up to it!

khoianh94

As I said, there are still no textures on the lot, and some details will come, too. Don't worry, I will release it if I am satisfied, and I'm not at the moment.

@City Builder: Of course they are growable.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: And the colour variations will be only on the coloured parts of the house. So don't worry.  ;D

khoianh94

Wow, the last post here has been almost four years away from now. Honestly, not that much happened in the meantime. The bus stops have, after two and a half years of heavy modifications found its way to the LEX (if you haven't got them yet) as a part of the 2010 SFBT Advent Calendar.

And after a year of doing nothing SC4-related, I started again, but as a start I just took these stations again and filled some of my own needs: Stops for Tram-in-Avenue, Avenue Roundabouts and diagonal versions.

And to come into BATting again (I didn't use it for almost two years) I just made another station-related prop: Information displays.

This Tram-in-Road stop is just a concept at the moment though. I started it yesterday so I can just guess what problems may come in the next time.  ::)