• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4 Game Freezes During Save

Started by Starmanw402007, February 17, 2008, 07:42:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

I have a ? for you mayors. Why does SC4 crash during save attempts? Just recently, I tried to save my game after attempting to update my City with new services. I had to completely redo Steven's Point due to traffic congestions and Idea LOL. Can someone explain what is happening when
I save my game then it freezes during save? This often happens after I do a mission or updating the city with new services. The new service is I'm
adding an Education System and Emgerncy System. You may have already guessed rightly that I'm following the When To Build City Services
reference. I also want to thank the person who came up with this idea at this time ok. It helps out a great deal. I'm currently at the Tiny City Level.
Which requires me to add Schools and Hospitals along with More FireStations and Police Stations. I'll when everyone is settled into their homes at Steven's Point. I'll resume sending photos of Steven's Point in MD Forums ok.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;

jonoboo

its just done it to me after i changed some terrain for my oil importing bit
Meh!

LoneRanger

It's guessing why or what exactly makes your game crash during saving but before you save pause your game, wait about 10 seconds and then save.  ;)
Just to make sure it's the known problem, do you recognize this situation?

-you press save and wait.
-you can move the cursor and when you click you hear a sound.
-the only way to get out of the game is alt+ctrl+del, not even alt-tab is working.

Or does your game realy crash as in a CTD or worse, a BSOD?

Starmanw402007

Thanks Lone Ranger, I'll give that idea a try.
Your Friend;