• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Cam prevents development of CO$$$

Started by JonJon, February 25, 2008, 07:28:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonJon

Hello.
I got a new computer a couple weeks ago and started all over with my plugin-folder for sim city rush hour and started the game after I put in everything I wanted to have (including the CAM mod). The game is not crashing or anything, but although I have a demand of more than 6000 CO$$$ in my city and plenty of unoccupied zones for it, with an appropriate desirability, the game does not develope any kind of CO$$$.
So I isolated the folders from my plugin folder in order to find the invalid folder. It turned out that the one containing the CAM ( folder: "a_CAM" with the "ColossusAddonMod_1.0.dat") is causing the problem (judging from the fact that as soon as I take the CAM-files out of the plugin-directory the game is working perfectly fine and developing CO$$$).
I reinstalled the CAM (and redid the scan with the Cleanitool), but the problem remains.
Does anybody have a solution for this?
Jon

Diggis

Do you have any block Maxis mods?

and if so, do you have any CO$$$ in your plugins?

RippleJet

Hello and welcome, JonJon! :thumbsup:

If CO§§§ isn't blocked and still won't grow, you probably do not have enough desirability for it.
In Rush Hour §§§ can grow if desirability is above 50, in CAM a desirability of 120 is required.

You may want to check your desirability dataview for CO§§§.
It's especially important that there is no garbage on the streets, low air and water pollution, no crimes and high land value.

You can increase the desirability by planting woods in those areas you want CO§§§ to appear.
That increases land value, mayor rating and reduces air pollution.

xxdita

Could be a number of reasons. Probably desirability though.
Do you have a population that would support the growth of CO$$$? Try raising your education levels a bit, and attract higher wealth Sims. Use the Census Repository Version2 to get accurate information on your cities. Try plopping a landmark, plaza or a park nearby.

JonJon

hello.
it was indeed the desirability. plopped a landmark right beside the zone and some small buildings with CO$$$ developed.
thanks for the help guys:)
jon