• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Adelaide, South Australia

Started by superhands, April 07, 2008, 09:29:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

superhands

requesting a topographical map of more particually Adelaide and it's hills. The city it's self would be easy to recreate due to the grid layout of roads,rail and trams.
the succesfull map maker would include the urban sprawl districts of the city and some agricultural land to the east. From "waterloo corner" in the north, Bridgewater in the east, to old Noarlunga in the south and of course to the west, well water.
this is a request to those members of the community who have access to the resources and data to make accurate gradient hills that reflect the true nature of them in real life.

so if any one is up for the challenge of this request, please contribute. ::)

if anyone else would like to see inclusions to this request feel free to leave a reply.

note:images are googled

blade2k5

If I could get the DEM data for this [and I've been looking for it since I think it was you who PM'd me a while back on this], I'd be more than happy to do it for you, but so far, haven't found any yet.  But I am on the case :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio
dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Old fisherman never die, they just smell that way.

blade2k5

Is this what you had in mind bighead99999? :)

dedgren ♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ nichter85 ♦ papab2000 ♦

BigSlark

That's a great map, blade. I might give it a try when I build out Kettlewood...

I love your work, could I convince you to do New Orleans one of these days? I'm not sure how to reconcile the whole "below sea level" and "20 mile bridge" problems, though.

Cheers,
Kevin

blade2k5

Yeah, I could probably do New Orleans :thumbsup: after I get the other projects I have going in front of it done :)

superhands

blade2k5, this is definatly what I had in mind! &apls

thank you so much!

how can i reward you?

do you have a link to your source for dem data?

great work :thumbsup:

blade2k5

Quote from: bighead99999 on April 11, 2008, 06:44:40 AM
blade2k5, this is definatly what I had in mind! &apls thank you so much!

This is good to hear ;D  and you're so very welcomed :thumbsup:

Quotehow can i reward you?

A reward is not necessary :P

Quotedo you have a link to your source for dem data?

That I do.  I got the DEM data for this map at http://srtm.csi.cgiar.org/

Quotegreat work :thumbsup:

Ok, now I'm beginning to &blush

I should have Adelaide finished and uploaded by Saturday night or Sunday afternoon :thumbsup:

superhands

Quote from: blade2k5 on April 11, 2008, 08:49:43 AM
A reward is not necessary :P

are you sure?
what about a bat of a local adelaide landmark or something?

blade2k5

:D Ok, keep talking :D  Sure, why not?  What cool landmarks can be found in Adelaide?  I'm afraid my knowledge of Adelaide is somewhat very limited outside of it's location :P  Here's an  &idea  What if you gave me a little history about Adelaide that I can use in the description for upload and the readme :thumbsup:  That would be a huge assist :satisfied:

blade2k5

And here is the rendered image of Adelaide :thumbsup:

superhands

hopefuly by the time you have read this, you havn't uploaded it to the lex! sorry had a busy wkend wasn't near a computer :thumbsdown:
ok i'll have a go this wk should have it done by tuesday? sound ok?

ok,    that quick history of ad. seems prtty good :) could'nt of done it better my self

blade2k5

I just did a search on Google and came up with what I added to the description for upload :)  I had figured RL had gotten a hold of you so I thought I'd save you the hassle of putting a little history lesson together for the map.