• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CD or Hardware trouble

Started by Zaphod, May 03, 2008, 11:23:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaphod

For some reason today my computer decides to tell me  "Please insert game disc" even when the disc is in.

Furthermore the CD is in immaculate condition. I tried the second installer CD, and I get the same response, despite that disc only being used ONCE and sitting the box. There was not a single scratch on it.

So my feeling is there is something wrong on the computer side of things.

I have daemon installed and tried fooling around with mounting different drives, etc. I also have an old cracked version of another game that I tried without the discs and it didn't work either.

The drive does recognize the discs, but it won't run them with the application.

I am guessing a driver is messed up, or maybe my CD drive is crapping out? I don't see how in the world my perfect condition CD's would magically become corrupt overnight.

War Kittens !?

JoeST

Hey Zaphod, you dont have a different PC/Drive to try it on do you? I guess not... but yeah I think it quite possibly will be the drive/drivers. You say that mounting an ISO doesnt work either?... maybe its the Operating System.

Hope you find a solution fast :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

jeronij

Try unistalling and reinstalling Daemon. It may be the cause of the troubles. Hopefully  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary