• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

(hopefully) quick question

Started by krakola45, May 23, 2008, 07:48:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

krakola45

I have Lot Editor, and I would like to edit lots such as "Twin Peak Towers" or "McCarthy Condos" but some lots like these do not seem to be in there. Is there any way I can edit these lots, or is my version of Lot Editor messed up?

Pat

its OK Krakola your Lot Editor is not messed up far as I can gather.... The files should be located in this path______ C:\Documents\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins... As long as the files are there in that folder they should show up in LE....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

swat-medic

Another thing to do is use the search and type in the first three letters of the file hex name.  Or the first three letters of the actual name.

krakola45

Thanks for responding, both of you, but
1. nothing seems to be in the Plugins folder  ()what()
2. I tried this, but nothing comes up...
Do you think I should re-download LE or something? Thanks again for the replies!  ;D

swat-medic

Re-download the files you want to edit, or move them into the plugins folder.  If you need help with downloading and installing etc... check out my tutorial at simtropolis in the ST articles omnibus, called "How to download and install a file from the STEX".

Pat

if you have downloaded files make sure they are not in this location______________ C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\SimCity 4\Plugins....

But other then that if you want to edit the maxis buildings is when you save your lot you will have to do save as then rename it....

Once you edit a lot and you go to re-edit make sure then you have the lot file sitting in the plugins folder and not in any other folder at all then do save then to save any changes that you may wish to do....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

krakola45

Well, the problem is that I can't even edit some lots; they are not in the big long list.

EDIT: Oh, by the way, I have no downloads except for LE, and and I am just trying to edit Maxis lots.