• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KoV Liberty

Ooh! Looks like the bridge at Alton county. Just a little of course. ;)

My new MD. Check it out if you wish.

Adrian, I miss you man.

Gaston

白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

KoV Liberty

Yeah I just fixed it. ;) Waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early in the morning. :D

Adrian, I miss you man.

choco

:D  i think i have that model lying around somewhere, but i knew nothing about editing s3d files at the time.  may have to go back and have a look..... ;) 

KoV Liberty

Im sure it will be! It looks great already! Also is it possible to create a bridge with a sort of rise like the Sunshine Skyway Bridge? Like the gentle slope instead of the steep Maxis one? Pics:

Adrian, I miss you man.

choco

Quote from: Driftmaster07 on October 07, 2009, 06:43:09 PM
Also is it possible to create a bridge with a sort of rise like the Sunshine Skyway Bridge?
sure is....   ;) 

the sloped transit models already exist in the form of the ground highway -> elevated highway transition in the NAM.  it would take some work to prepare the models though....

the bridge im considering is the Rio Antirio Bridge in Greece.  I first wanted to use the model for the RHW, but later decided to use another.  i spent a good deal of time on the model thus far, and dont want to just abandon it.   &mmm

there is some extra syntax in the bridge RUL's that allows for the vertical offset of models, which i believe is the solution for bridges of this type.  but alas, that's a frontier i haven't explored quite yet.  i've discovered that i made alot of mistakes over the past couple months, and am spending the time to go back and do it right.     

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

choco

small progress report.....

got the RUL working, except the extra syntax to adjust the Z-height of the models....which would enable bridges like the sunshine skyway to be built.  the deck of the Rio Antirio is much the same as well, so i'll try to figure out what im doing wrong.

here's the test pic of the trial bridge.

JoeST

Oh that is SWEEEEET!!! :o

Thankyou choco :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Nexis4Jersey

Great Trail pic is this for RHW or Maxis?

woodb3kmaster

What a lovely bridge! I see you're making it for one of the highway networks, although the above posts don't make it all that clear whether you're making it for the RHW or MHW. Would it be too much trouble to make an avenue version?

Feel brand new. Be inspired.
NYHAVEN - VIEWS FROM WITHIN
Nuclear City - 5/8

choco

MHW, elevated.....is the plan..... :)

insofar as avenue, its possible.....not really all that hard to do, but just time consuming reader work.  are you set on this model, or are ya just looking for other avenue bridges?

woodb3kmaster

Well, I'm looking to replace a Maxis cable-stayed bridge with your new bridge due to a graphics bug with that particular bridge (see the latest update to my MD [via my signature] if you want to know what this bug looks like) and your model is just so appealing. If it's too much trouble to produce an avenue version, I'd be content to just upgrade that bridge to a MHW.

Nuclear City - 5/8

dragonshardz

Drooooool.

Those bridges...must...have...them.

Seriously, choco, this is amazing. I can't wait to get my hands on RHW10 bridges!

choco

zack: i see, perhaps the easiest way would be a mod to replace the Maxis pillar with the Rio Antirio model?  that could be done fairly easily....

otherwise, the models for the approach pieces would have to be replaced to completely convert the bridge over to avenue (the pieces shown above are recycled from the Level Highway Bridge).  this is not that difficult either, but im not sure which models could be used to replace them.

i'd like to keep the Rio Bridge as MHW for general circulation, as it was one of the first requests i received from a member who took quite a bit of time to help me early on in my modding venture.  without cogeo's vast knowledge and willingness to help, i likely wouldn't be where i am now. 

another thing i just thought of was work that smoncrie introduced earlier, in his Fixing Maxis Bridges thread.  this would fix the color issue, but not the asymmetrical number of the cables.

woodb3kmaster

Quote from: choco on November 11, 2009, 09:00:22 AM
zack: i see, perhaps the easiest way would be a mod to replace the Maxis pillar with the Rio Antirio model?  that could be done fairly easily....

another thing i just thought of was work that smoncrie introduced earlier, in his Fixing Maxis Bridges thread.  this would fix the color issue, but not the asymmetrical number of the cables.

That actually sounds like a good idea. It would save me the trouble of rebuilding the bridge, if I understand your reply correctly. I greatly appreciate your willingness to consider doing this for me, seeing as you don't intend to release an avenue version of Rio Antirio to the general public. You need not fulfill my request right away; feel free to finish up the release version of the bridge first, at whatever pace you're comfortable with.

Nuclear City - 5/8

KoV Liberty

Adrian, I miss you man.

choco

looky what i found.....

was perusing the Maxis .dats and found this unused piece.....can't help but wonder why they'd model it and not use it.... &mmm  anyway, i was thinking of writing a RUL for this bridge, which would add an approach span and reduce the number of pillars....

however, i'd like to gauge the public interest beforehand....any thoughts or concerns would surely be appreciated.   :thumbsup:

JoeST

that would be awesome, (could you include the RUL's in the NAM? being that all the rest of the stuff is already there)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

choco

thats the caveat....if a RUL is written, it'd be contained in the NAM Bridge Controller, and thus may affect users that prefer the current configuration.  i guess i'll write the RUL and post pics for everyone to compare.  the other option would be to just create another bridge, allowing both bridges to be built at the same time. :-\