• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toichus Maximus

this is mind numbingly game-shatteringly awesome.

Une_ame

This brigde is............. :o ............... %wrd .................... &Thk/( ............... :) babuloziwad !

Nothing else to say !
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

choco

thanks all!   :) 

had some other files lyin around....thought these would be useful as well.

not sure whether the GLR textures should be added.....i would be interested in any opinions.... :thumbsup:

gottago

The dual-network breakthrough is truly great work, congratulations! &apls &apls

The under-truss bridge looks really good with the glr--same basic tonality and width, and the transition works well with the low slabs. The truss though looks more like it would be used for an old secondary freight line and it's a very abrupt switch.

k808j

We see draggible RHW6+ on the horizon  :)

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

choco

i appreciate the input, gottago!

it happened to triggered a memory about a texture in my older files....so here's what i've come up with.

first, i'd like to thank north country dude and vershner, who supplied the textures for the sleepers and track, respectively.  :thumbsup:  its been a while, but im finally putting them to good use, i hope.

as i said, while i was at it, i thought i'd convert a few existing models over for GLR, as there wasn't much to choose from.  so, i have these almost ready. 

PS...maxis models are a royal pain to work with, sometimes....

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

Une_ame

On your last pic (4 bridges), The first (top) and 3rd are the better looking :thumbsup:.

noahclem

Wow, didn't realize this much had been going on on this thread recently! Dual-networked bridges were one of those things i just never thought i would see. The tram-in-road is especially promising! Have you considered overhanging the sidewalks so they're not so small?

Monorail Master

Quote from: noahclem on January 26, 2010, 01:41:54 PM
Wow, didn't realize this much had been going on on this thread recently! Dual-networked bridges were one of those things i just never thought i would see. The tram-in-road is especially promising! Have you considered overhanging the sidewalks so they're not so small?
That's a good idea.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

choco

Quote from: noahclem on January 26, 2010, 01:41:54 PM
Have you considered overhanging the sidewalks so they're not so small?

a bit...though i began considering it a bit more...  :)

its not pretty at the moment, but this was a rough draft when trying to align the T21's and testing the shadows. 

rooker1

I just have one thing to say, "choco's attempts at BATing bridges" should be changed to "choco's AWESOME Bridges"!!

Great work!  &apls

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

FrankU

choco

you both are too kind.... :)

i've come to realize that having a lead foot could be an asset when crossing some of my concoctions....if you're out for a sunday drive, well....

kassarc16

Choco, what you've done here is nothing short of amazing. New bridges were one thing, but Dual-Nets?!

choco

thanks kassarc16!

been a bit busy here lately....just not doing what i would like to have been doing.... :D

got another foot on the way tonight.....so i may be snowed in again.  ;D

Une_ame

You guys have a funny life in the N-East !

threestooges

Happy Birthday! Hope the day's a good one for you, and hopefully you don't have to spend it out plowing the driveway.
-Matt

canyonjumper

Hey choco, could VANOC borrow some of that snow ;D?

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

wes.janson

Quote from: canyonjumper on February 14, 2010, 12:07:49 AM
Hey choco, could VANOC borrow some of that snow ;D?

-Jordan :thumbsup:

I think VANOC needs some more security instead. Stupid rioters made me late for work yesterday.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!