• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack Bauer

I was thinking about Lake street bridge located in the Loop:

You can see on this photo the EL crossing the river.

I would so happy if you make this bridge into the game

strucka

Awesome bridges man!! &apls &apls &apls Might I suggest something more let's say modern if you get to have a bit more spare time and lack the projects to work on. I mean really modern and futuristic. =) A large span, large size, highway or avenue bridge, maybe even for the new NWM =) I'll find an example and post it, to show what I mean.

This for instance =)

choco

Quote from: noahclem on April 20, 2010, 02:37:14 PM
Would it be possible to have a bridge that was RHW-6 visually using a two-tile MHW bridge?
i only have a minute, but wanted to address this directly...

yes it is, but i would like to note that parallel bridges are all based off teh ground Maxis highways anyway.  as the RHW is a single tile network and therefore can only make one tile wide bridges.  the Maxis models could be widened by editing the vertices in the reader, but this is a mammoth task to accomplish for anything other than, say the level highway bridge (which only consists of 2 pieces). 

----------------------------------------

this may be a prudent time to mention that my SC4 days seem to be numbered, as I may be taking a new position very soon that will leave me with no free time anymore.  if this indeed happens, i will probably donate the unfinished works i have for anyone who may want to pick up where i have left off.  there is still alot of work needed, especially for the NWM, so i would like to see if anyone out there would like to try on bridge BATing.  :)

Aaron Graham

choco, do you use GMAX to make your bridge models???? BTW the Bridges are looking fantastic. :thumbsup: &apls
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

CSGdesign

Quote from: choco on April 30, 2010, 09:09:50 AM
i only have a minute, but wanted to address this directly...

yes it is, but i would like to note that parallel bridges are all based off teh ground Maxis highways anyway.  as the RHW is a single tile network and therefore can only make one tile wide bridges.  the Maxis models could be widened by editing the vertices in the reader, but this is a mammoth task to accomplish for anything other than, say the level highway bridge (which only consists of 2 pieces). 

----------------------------------------

this may be a prudent time to mention that my SC4 days seem to be numbered, as I may be taking a new position very soon that will leave me with no free time anymore.  if this indeed happens, i will probably donate the unfinished works i have for anyone who may want to pick up where i have left off.  there is still alot of work needed, especially for the NWM, so i would like to see if anyone out there would like to try on bridge BATing.  :)

Well firstly a big congratulations on your new job... if it works out for you.
Secondly, it will be a great loss to the community if you leave... it would be great if you could still drop by from time to time!
For example to post some tutorials on your techniques to help other upcoming BAT bridge makers try to follow in your footsteps a little.

Good luck, and thanks for your awesome bridge-making contributions!

Orange_o_

A long time ago, in a page of topic far,
far away...

Quote from: choco on February 26, 2009, 01:33:55 PM
thanks Orange_o_!  ever get any time to start a model?  :)

Yes I began a bridge :). I would like that you say to me, if it's good.
A priori it works correctly, but maybe I have to forget something. Have you still time to look at it? May I send you the file?

I have just seen that you are doubtless going to leave us, and it is very it's a pity. &mmm

You can also look on my thread, there are the other views.

Orange

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °  

choco

Aaron Graham: yup, i use GMAX.....3dsMAX was a bit more complicated to take the time to learn well enough.

CSGdesign : thank you for the kind words.  i will have time to stop by and help, just wont have the time to run teh BAT anymore.  &mmm

Orange_O: that....looks....fantastic!   :thumbsup:  i would be glad to have a look; should only have to check the IID's to make sure they're correct. 

Aaron Graham

I understand I had a hard time using it as well. But your models look great in GMAX.
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

choco

noahclem

Congrats on the new opportunity choco! You've filled an important and unique niche of this community with incredible talent and innovation. I hope all your bridge efforts come to fruition and that there is someone willing and able to fill the massive shoes you'll leave empty.

And thanks for answering my question too. Good luck!

pipelad

Choco! fisrt let me start by saying! Congrats on a job well done :D  &apls &apls &apls. i have donwnloaded your monorail and elevated rail bridges and i love them! one thin tho. i have installed BTM (bullet train mod) that changes the looks on the whole monorail system. (like the HSRP) and i must say that some minor look things are present.

Here are some pics to ilustrate the isue. Now as you may know there are currentlly 2 styles of Btm im currently using style 2.

On these only the pylons seem to have the diference

This one on the other hand is a lot diferent.

(a close-up)

is it posible to fix this look's issue? i havent been able to create the asimetrical bridge yet so no pics of that one... :)
again congrats on the awsome bridges  :thumbsup: (any normal rail bridges coming up?)

choco

I'm not too familiar  with the btm mod, but you may have the hsr patch installed, or the loading order is wrong in your plugins folder. The geometry is not optimal for the btm, but they are compatible.  Check the btm support thread on simtropolis.

pipelad

Thx for the answer choco :) but i have to say that you are not correct on this isue, those bridges on page 2 of the btm suport thread are a mod made by plundere fixing those isues, but as he dosnt have permision of the original btm creator he cant release them.. the bridges work! dont get me wrong, monorail is able to pass with out a problem, the only issue is with looks, i have the btm mode loading way after the nam and the aditional bridges so the texture of the btm is overriting correctlly. i am unfamillyar with how bridges mods work, but im guessing this is something like the diference with normal monorail and HSRP and that's why you needed to release a diferent mod for them (not only for the ground hsr?)  (i am sure of the instalation because that was the first thing i thought, so i unistalled, testes with out, and reinstaled the btm.)

choco

&mmm  ok then.....im not really sure what to say.  i sent a message to plunderer to get his opinion, but there's little i can do at this point.  those gmax models were lost in a PC transfer 6 months ago....

pipelad

:'( awwww ok :P i am playing with them either way there awsome  :thumbsup: hope plunderer release them

plunderer

Unfortunately, I had modified the BTM from atpx's model to moonlight's model  :P
I got moonlight's permission  but not release because I'm lazy  :P

pipelad

Waaaaaaa  :'( :'( com'on plunderer!!! jeje release them ;) pweezzzz

choco

plunderer: i tried that file out and it does appear to be moonlights El-Rail models.  i saw a pic you posted on page 2 of the Simtropolis BTM support thread that had the original BTM models from APTX.  still have those lying around?  :)

are those the one's that do not have permission to upload?

plunderer

Quote from: choco on May 18, 2010, 02:32:10 PM
plunderer: i tried that file out and it does appear to be moonlights El-Rail models.  i saw a pic you posted on page 2 of the Simtropolis BTM support thread that had the original BTM models from APTX.  still have those lying around?  :)

are those the one's that do not have permission to upload?
OK, I found the first version modified BTM mod, but somewhere still different to APTX's original model
And it just include 3 kinds Bridge_Replacement, maybe you can add some new for patch
I'll sent first version modified BTM to you and you can check it

Actually I think the first version have some missing pieces so didn't  upload