• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

nerdly_projects

Started by nerdly_dood, June 06, 2008, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T1

Nerdly I was just makin' up ideas, by all means, take your time, I've never made an automata or anything of this nature, so I could imagine these take time.

waldorfschueler

first: thx for ya work, it's amazing
second: still working on requested cars?

only foud a side-view. It's a "Porsche 911" and it's painted like the new police cars in the EU. This one is a Highwaypatrol of Autria

jaatt

Hello nerdly, the sims of Massachusettes need your help. With the victories of the sox and celtics this year the population of Boston has been behaving out of control. With your help, law and order can be restored with the addition of Boston and state cruisers on the scene. (pics attached, if I did it right). Seriously, no rush if you can even do these and regardless, love the uploads and with the startup manager I can have a different cruiser in every city of my region, tanx again & keep em coming. Jaatt.

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

nerdly_dood

Jeez, people, don't you have ANYTHING to request? All I have now to do is whatever transit-related mods I feel like doing (I am working on a SAM replacement texture set but I don't have any pictures yet), a pack of orange-stripe police cars, Boston police (which I already was considering making), Massachusetts state police, and Austrian polizei... which will all be easy (but the transit mods will be boring and tedious)

Current developments:
I have made a smallish pack of "Cop Cars Through the Ages", consisting of the following:
- Two 1969 Chevy Impalas, models by MikeSeith:

- Two 1970s or 80s generic sumthinerother police cars, models by MikeSeith (And yes I know the front end looks somewhat mushed, but i can't find another suitable model...)

- Two 1990s Chevy Caprice cars, certain parts of the skin borrowed from one of MikeSeith's cars and tweaked to look better and be more realistic

And about the Broward County [Florida, I presume?] Sheriff car, well... I liked it so much that I went and made some police cars from it, too...but I CANNOT be made to use any more IMG code... Anyway, the cars based on Broward County ____ (state) Sheriff are all available with red, red and blue or blue lights. There is the gold and green stripe with the word SHERIFF on the side, gold and green stripe with the word POLICE on the side, or gold and blue stripe with the word POLICE on the side.

Also I have made an enormous pack of black and white police and sheriff cars, which are also in my Photobucket but I won't show you any pictures, I'll just make you go and see them.

And what really takes time is getting pictures of them, which is why I just took a picture of all the designs, each with a different light model. Each design is available with each light design.

RL is kinda messing with me now, so it will be very unlikely that I will be able to make any of those international mods based on Zwanneman's stuff but with newer models and modding.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

sgtsoul

Here is something I have actually wanted for ages but forgot until your impassioned plea for more requests! I have whole city maps that are massive Military Bases, and for those I would love Military Police cars. Pretty easy, maybe just take the Australian Police car design and make the car army green? Either a sedan or SUV would be cool!

T1

Quote from: sgtsoul on June 25, 2008, 03:45:52 PM
Here is something I have actually wanted for ages but forgot until your impassioned plea for more requests! I have whole city maps that are massive Military Bases, and for those I would love Military Police cars. Pretty easy, maybe just take the Australian Police car design and make the car army green? Either a sedan or SUV would be cool!

Sounds cool Sgt Soul.

MP's in America use Chevy Malibus think you could make some un-marked MP cars?

Nerdly: Freakin' sweet! Yessir, it's florida. When can I expect these to be on the STEX?

Une_ame

I love the Chevy Caprice !!!  Very good idea Nerlly_dood :thumbsup:.
babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

nerdly_dood

Okay so about the MPs... I could probably whip up some MP cars, that wouldn't be hard...

And Mega-Pack 3 should be on the STEX within a week or so (but I am very unreliable as far as upload dates go, it's just an estimate - so it's actually about a week, give or take a month or so)
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Earth quake

Excellent work nerdly_dood, I like your police car and your trucks.
Go on.

sgtsoul

Expanding on the MP idea, would it be possible for you to pleeeease make 3 different ones, one using the grey camoflage on the Maxis Cargo Airplane and one using the camoflage patterns found on the 2 Maxis Tanks that appear at Army bases? That way I can have a different one for my Royal Yeoman Marine Corps and Royal Yeoman Air Corps LOL  &hlp &hlp

Once again, I bow to Nerdly!  :thumbsup:

T1

Quote from: sgtsoul on June 27, 2008, 05:34:28 PM
Expanding on the MP idea, would it be possible for you to pleeeease make 3 different ones, one using the grey camoflage on the Maxis Cargo Airplane and one using the camoflage patterns found on the 2 Maxis Tanks that appear at Army bases? That way I can have a different one for my Royal Yeoman Marine Corps and Royal Yeoman Air Corps LOL  &hlp &hlp

Once again, I bow to Nerdly!  :thumbsup:

:D C-5 GALAXY! Yes, those are tanks and hummers they are loading in.

or how about a C-130 cargo?

maybe.. an SR-71 blackbird!! or a B-52?

I know its a .cz but we've got em' in our US Air Force fleet too :D

Une_ame

T1, sorry for my english but &mmm, what do you mean by ".cz" ?

T1

Quote from: Une_ame on June 27, 2008, 10:25:18 PM
T1, sorry for my english but &mmm, what do you mean by ".cz" ?

Your english is fine :) I mean it's on a .cz link Czech Republic link, it's a jet of theirs but we also have B-52's in other words, it's a different jet with a different logo, we have the same jets. I hope that explains it.

jaatt

Back to the MP vehicles, the MP's here on base in addition to the chevy malibu use the dodge durango and whatever chevy pickup they could aquire.

Une_ame

QuoteI mean it's on a .cz link Czech Republic link, it's a jet of theirs

OK, I got it, I see what you mean but there's no B-52s in the Czech Republic. The only ones are in the USAF.

jaatt

I'm pretty sure Une_ame is right, I don't know of any hot sales to foreign nations regarding the B52, its still a vital resource in the air force arsenal.

T1

Quote from: Une_ame on June 29, 2008, 09:12:13 PM
OK, I got it, I see what you mean but there's no B-52s in the Czech Republic. The only ones are in the USAF.

nope lol, I just meant the B-52 in the picture is a Czech Republic one not a USAF one.

Alfred.Jones

Guys, can we keep this thread in topic? This is a showcase of Nerdly's work not a chat thread about planes

Nice work Nerdly. Look forward to seeing those released on the STEX :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

nerdly_dood

MP cars have been made (Brown, green and desert tan) and they will be released in Mega-Pack 3.  However, I can't do the slightest little thing with bombers or much of anything military-oriented, but I may eventually come up with a Humvee that will replace your in-game Army truck, but If I make it it won't be anytime soon.

T1, I sent you a PM (Personal message) with a download link for your Broward County sheriff.

I don't have any in-game images of the MP cars, but I could show you some screenshots of them in the Reader. (The white things on the corners DO NOT show up in-game so just ignore them.)

Also, about the Austrian police cars: I spread the word POLIZEI across the front and back doors (it's not a Porsche) and I just wanted to know how you like it. (I liked it a lot so I made a version with the word POLICE on the side)

And so Photobucket is being stupid, just like myself as usual, so I have to attach your picture.