• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

nerdly_projects

Started by nerdly_dood, June 06, 2008, 11:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

T1

I got an issue :( the Broward Sheriff car doesn't do anything, the only thing that file does is make the lights on the PEG cop cars go blue and I did remove all the PEG cop-car stuff :(

nerdly_dood

have you looked closely at it? is it the maxis police car with blue light effects, or what?

Okay, so now Swamper77 has shown me a website where I can get almost ANY model I want! I just need to open the .3ds files in Gmax and figure out how to decrease the poly count, and then I can just import it into a DAT file and GO with it! (I think...)
()flamdev()

Or I could just tweak the current model so that its lights aren't just painted on the roof...
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

T1

Quote from: nerdly_dood on July 01, 2008, 02:53:54 PM
have you looked closely at it? is it the maxis police car with blue light effects, or what?

Okay, so now Swamper77 has shown me a website where I can get almost ANY model I want! I just need to open the .3ds files in Gmax and figure out how to decrease the poly count, and then I can just import it into a DAT file and GO with it! (I think...)
()flamdev()

Or I could just tweak the current model so that its lights aren't just painted on the roof...

It's the peg white car with police on the hood and no logos.

nerdly_dood

That's a sign that you didn't properly remove the PEG cop car mod, and you have a conflicting file somewhere in your Plugins folder. You should use your computers search function for these files in your ENTIRE main hard drive:

- PEG_CopCar_WHT-Seal_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_WHT-OrangeStripe_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_WHT-BlueStripe_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_St-Lucie-Sheriff_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_SCPD_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_NYPD_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_BW-Star_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_BW-Seal_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_BW-Sheriff_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_BW-Police_205.dat

If you find any of them in ANY SimCity 4 folder (Documents or Program Files\Maxis), REMOVE IT. If you find "blue lights gold green stripe SHERIFF.dat" then you should put it in one of your Plugins folders, 'cause that's the Broward County sheriff car.

If all else fails, ENTIRELY empty your plugins folder, try my police car and see if it works, and then put half your plugins back WITH my cop car and run the game. If you get the same bug, take out half of that half and try it again, if not try the other half, etc etc etc.  That's a boring but effective way to narrow down conflicting flies.

In other news, Mega-Pack 3 is almost ready for release, and should be on the STEX tomorrow.
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

Unassigned

Quote from: nerdly_dood on July 01, 2008, 02:53:54 PM
I can get almost ANY model I want! I just need to open the .3ds files in Gmax and figure out how to decrease the poly count, and then I can just import it into a DAT file and GO with it!
Does that mean we can start hoping for them Police Porsches? &idea

BTW I haven't noticed any Porsches on my roads although I have some European car sets.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

nerdly_dood

I already have a Porsche model.  I will probably add a box to the top to act like a light-bar though.  And yes, you will likely start seeing more varied models.  I currently only use a different model if someone specificaly asks for something other than a sedan - my current model is by no means a Crown Victoria, but I could make it one with some effort... but SW77 is making a CV police car pack which should be released soon(ish). The reason I haven't been using any Porsche police cars is that the skin is kinda stupid, just like myself -- the part that shows up as the roof of the car isn't really done well, the only part that shows is just a small part of a large white (or whatever color the car is) rectangle.

T1

Quote from: nerdly_dood on July 02, 2008, 09:33:18 AM
That's a sign that you didn't properly remove the PEG cop car mod, and you have a conflicting file somewhere in your Plugins folder. You should use your computers search function for these files in your ENTIRE main hard drive:

- PEG_CopCar_WHT-Seal_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_WHT-OrangeStripe_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_WHT-BlueStripe_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_St-Lucie-Sheriff_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_SCPD_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_NYPD_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_BW-Star_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_BW-Seal_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_BW-Sheriff_205.dat
- PEG_CopCar_BW-Police_205.dat

If you find any of them in ANY SimCity 4 folder (Documents or Program Files\Maxis), REMOVE IT. If you find "blue lights gold green stripe SHERIFF.dat" then you should put it in one of your Plugins folders, 'cause that's the Broward County sheriff car.

If all else fails, ENTIRELY empty your plugins folder, try my police car and see if it works, and then put half your plugins back WITH my cop car and run the game. If you get the same bug, take out half of that half and try it again, if not try the other half, etc etc etc.  That's a boring but effective way to narrow down conflicting flies.

In other news, Mega-Pack 3 is almost ready for release, and should be on the STEX tomorrow.

Found the source of it all! Thanks I forgot about that stuff being in there.

nerdly_dood

No problem.

And BTW, Mega-Pack 2 is now a victim of the latest problems at the STEX - It went missing, so I had to re-upload it, and then I uploaded Mega-Pack 3...but wait... The STEX isn't really accepting any uploads lately.  So you'll just have to wait until it's gotten over whatever it is that's going on, or you could just click here for Mega-Pack 3 or PM me for Mega-Pack 2.

Mega-Pack 3 contains a pack of Austrian police cars with the new EU-regulated paint job, a pack of police and sheriff cars based on the Broward County, FL sheriff's office, a really big pack of black and white police and sheriff cars, one Bloomingdale, CA police car mod, one smallish pack of police cars with a dark blue stripe, a small pack of military police cars, a smallish (smaller than I had hoped) pack of "Cop Cars Through the Ages", a pack of orange American fire trucks, one Allen, TX police car mod, one Italian State Police (Polizia di Stato) police car mod, and a pack of yellow fire trucks.

T1

Quote from: nerdly_dood on July 03, 2008, 01:00:20 PM
No problem.

And BTW, Mega-Pack 2 is now a victim of the latest problems at the STEX - It went missing, so I had to re-upload it, and then I uploaded Mega-Pack 3...but wait... The STEX isn't really accepting any uploads lately.  So you'll just have to wait until it's gotten over whatever it is that's going on, or you could just click here for Mega-Pack 3 or PM me for Mega-Pack 2.

Mega-Pack 3 contains a pack of Austrian police cars with the new EU-regulated paint job, a pack of police and sheriff cars based on the Broward County, FL sheriff's office, a really big pack of black and white police and sheriff cars, one Bloomingdale, CA police car mod, one smallish pack of police cars with a dark blue stripe, a small pack of military police cars, a smallish (smaller than I had hoped) pack of "Cop Cars Through the Ages", a pack of orange American fire trucks, one Allen, TX police car mod, one Italian State Police (Polizia di Stato) police car mod, and a pack of yellow fire trucks.

That must explain why there hasn't been a new upload for like a week now.

sgtsoul

Many thanks Nerdly for the MP's! Can't wait to get my drive back so I can get back into SC4! A month without SC4 is torture I tell ya!

Shiftred

Here is my car:

(prior to lightbar install and numbering)

nerdly_dood

Black and white police cars ara already available in MEGA-PACK 3, including ones with a badge emblem and the word POLICE.  If you really insist, though, I will make one like that but FIRST I need to know the light color/pattern. Also, if I make it, it won't be released in any mega-pack or request pack because I've already done DOZENS of various black and white designs.  I'm starting to turn my focus away from police cars, too.

Current developments:
- In progress:
     - Police vans that will match the PEG cop car mod (Each van mod will match one of the cars in the PEG Cop Car Mod)
     - A mod to replace the STUPID PINK CONVERTIBLE with your choice of a red, blue, green or gray sedan, or with a Jeep. (I haven't decided on the colors for the Jeep yet)
     - Police cars:
          - Knoxville, TN
          - Virginia Beach, VA
          - Annapolis, MD
          - Florida state patrol (or highway patrol or whatever they call it)
          - Gold police car requested by Deion30296 by way of the ST Live Chat
          - OPP - Ontario Provincial Police - Both the white and the black/white designs
- Being planned:
     - A mod to replace the in-game Army truck with a military-looking Jeep (Designs will include desert tan, forest green, brown, or brown/green camo)
     - A school bus re-skin to have a more orangey-yellow color with several design choices:
           - Completely yellow
           - White roof (like most school buses where I live)
           - Black hood
           - White roof and black hood
     - A bunch of police vans to match some police cars in my mega-packs

I think that's it... Anyway, keep the requests coming (just try to limit requests of black and white police cars)

Yup, the STEX is still broken... NO IT'S NOT! The STEX is alive!

T1

Quote from: nerdly_dood on July 09, 2008, 10:54:45 AM
Black and white police cars ara already available in MEGA-PACK 3, including ones with a badge emblem and the word POLICE.  If you really insist, though, I will make one like that but FIRST I need to know the light color/pattern. Also, if I make it, it won't be released in any mega-pack or request pack because I've already done DOZENS of various black and white designs.  I'm starting to turn my focus away from police cars, too.

Current developments:
- In progress:
     - Police vans that will match the PEG cop car mod (Each van mod will match one of the cars in the PEG Cop Car Mod)
     - A mod to replace the STUPID PINK CONVERTIBLE with your choice of a red, blue, green or gray sedan, or with a Jeep. (I haven't decided on the colors for the Jeep yet)
     - Police cars:
          - Knoxville, TN
          - Virginia Beach, VA
          - Annapolis, MD
          - Florida state patrol (or highway patrol or whatever they call it)
          - Gold police car requested by Deion30296 by way of the ST Live Chat
          - OPP - Ontario Provincial Police - Both the white and the black/white designs
- Being planned:
     - A mod to replace the in-game Army truck with a military-looking Jeep (Designs will include desert tan, forest green, brown, or brown/green camo)
     - A school bus re-skin to have a more orangey-yellow color with several design choices:
           - Completely yellow
           - White roof (like most school buses where I live)
           - Black hood
           - White roof and black hood
     - A bunch of police vans to match some police cars in my mega-packs

I think that's it... Anyway, keep the requests coming (just try to limit requests of black and white police cars)

Yup, the STEX is still broken... NO IT'S NOT! The STEX is alive!

You found the right person for Florida Highway Patrol.

http://www.tcnjlife.com/fhp_diagrams/charger_pics/charger_06_26_9.jpg

http://www.tcnjlife.com/fhp_diagrams/charger_pics/charger_06_26_7.jpg

That's a dodge charger, same as the Broward Sheriff's office car.

Hopefully I helped ya. They also have Crown Vic's (the patrol car posted above your post)

http://www.policespecials.com/gallery/images/FHPCar.jpg

I also am wondering if there can be more than 1 police car in the game at times, and are those firetrucks I gave you gonna be able to work with your schedule or not? J/w.

nerdly_dood

Probably not the fire trucks.

I do have PLENTY of Florida HP images, though, but thanks anyway.

packerfan386

Hay, I was wondering if you could make a Durand, WI police car (My hometown) ;)

(the light bar(s) are Red & Blue)

nerdly_dood

HMMMM... I like it.

Durand police is now on my List.

Monorail Master

"$Deal"$ uhhhhhh. F.Y.I., the police cars in East Tennessee( my town in Campbell County, Knoxville, Bristol,TN and VA, etc...) use the Crowm Vic but since they are gas-guzzlers, :( they are mainly using the Dodge Chargers. Just wanted you to know that. $%#Ninj2
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into
(")_(") your signature to help him gain world domination

CasperVg

While you're at school bus reskins, any chance for these..?

And in case you're planning on doing firebrigade trucks..

or ambulances..

All are from Belgium  ::)
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

skyliner

Since you are doing school buses, I was wondering if you can do a Japanese one. They are basically vans with a design on it. You don't have to have the designs but I would like to see van school buses

nerdly_dood

I think I should have clarified my school bus intentions - The only appropriate models I have available are for American buses.  I would like to do other types of buees, but I don't have a suitable model for a Japanese or Belgian school bus.

I hope to release a yellow European-style ambulance, both with the Dutch diagonal stripes and without, and also a fire truck with those blue and white diagonal stripes, too.