• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Spaceport Malfunction!

Started by Jaanuman, June 25, 2008, 12:24:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jaanuman

Take a look at this:

Research center is built, have well over 25k HT jobs.. still no Spaceport! Yikes! Has this problem come up for anyone else? Someone know a solution? Lemme know you what you all think!

Thanks!

zakuten

I think there's some sort of hidden prereq, besides the research center. My thinking is it's an education building of some sort, but I can't remember. Also, I'm no expert, so I may just be blowing smoke.
Visit my MD Respublikii Anaksii , or the reboot CJ "Kara`i Shores" since the region wiped, at http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=919 !
All comments are welcome! (Hopefully someday I can re-splice 'em together, but we'll see)

wes.janson

What setting is your game on? I think I read in the Functional Airport thread that the Maxis Spaceport is only  available on the medium or hard settings.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

flame1396

cheat, ctrl+x:

you don't deserve it
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

MandelSoft

Hmmm... I got the same thing with the Bureau of Bureaucracy...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

M4346

I have never in all my life received the Bureau of Bureaucracy despite meeting the necessary requirements.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

wouanagaine

I think Ripplejet made a good thread for that here

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

RippleJet

Thanks Wou for linking the reward hunters... :)

Jaanuman, just as wes.janson said, you will never be awarded the Spaceport if you're playing on easy.
Thanks, Wes! :thumbsup:

As a side note, the in-game Spaceport is useless.
Despite its description saying it will "provide a boost to high-tech industry", it doesn't provide any IHT CAP relief.

[Shameless plug starts here]
If you want a functional spaceport, read this:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=4662.msg152713#msg152713
[Shameless plug ends here]

mrtnrln and M4346, you need to overfund your health and education departments....
Bureaucrats love overfunding... ::)

oth3ll0112

I thought there was a couple of UDI train missions you could do that would unlock it.....but I could be wrong.

JoeST

somehow, I always get the Bureau LOL

joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

RippleJet

:D at Joe!

Quote from: oth3ll0112 on June 26, 2008, 04:23:44 AM
I thought there was a couple of UDI train missions you could do that would unlock it.....but I could be wrong.

There most certainly are! :thumbsup:
Here's a quote from the link provided by Wouanagaine:

Quote from: RippleJet on March 08, 2007, 03:25:26 PM
03840000  Space Port
Requirements:

• I-HT Capacity > 25000
  • Reward 032F0000 (Advanced Research Center) has been built
  • Difficulty Level = Medium or High
Missions:

• 8C01D0B7  Steam Train Mission - Train Ride for Rocket Formula
  • 0C1431F8  Freight Train Mission - Super Seat Belt Fabric for Space Ships!