• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ped mall CTD problem...?

Started by JonM, June 29, 2008, 03:26:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JonM

I have a new simple city with nearly nothing in it, just some roads, and when I use the ped mall tiles, the game crashes to desktop sporadically. It only happens when I have the ped malls in my cities, am I not doing something right? Is there certain way you have to use them?

Thanks for any help or ideas, let me know if you need more info!

-Jon

Tarkus

Hi Jon-

Are there any Transit-Enabled Lots (i.e. Road Top Mass Transit, etc.) near where you're placing the PedMall pieces?  That is probably the most common instance of CTDs relating to puzzle pieces.

-Alex (Tarkus)

JonM

Yea I read about that bug, I don't have any TE lots in the entire map, its brand new map with just some avenues and landmarks

The only thing I can think of is that there are custom landmarks with CO/RE population on the Ped mall tiles

Tarkus

Hmm . . . I don't think those landmarks would be causing those issues, unless the landmarks happen to be TE'd somehow.  Which landmarks are they perchance?

Also, what else is happening when the CTD is occurring? 

-Alex (Tarkus)

JonM

The landmarks are just wall to wall landmarks, european style, I will check to make sure they are not TE just in case

But nothing else is going it seems to happen at random, sometimes when I am not even doing anything.

JonM

Hmm, I just deleted all the ped tiles in the city, saved, restarted, and it crashes still.

Although I have other cities with no or little ped mall tiles and they don't crash.  It also didnt start crashing until I placed the ped tiles in the city,

And thanks by the way your speedy responses! :)