• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT - Forum Software Upgrade and Planned Outage

Started by dedgren, July 24, 2008, 11:37:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dedgren

On a near future date to be determined, starting at 9:00 a.m. GMT, SC4D will update its forum software for the first time since the site went online.  We will be installing SMF 1.1.5, and we anticipate that it will take about 10-12 hours to uninstall the mods (feature add-ins), update the forums, reinstall the old mods, install and configure new mods... well, you get the picture.  jeroni has personally been undertaking dry runs of the upgrade over the past few weeks and we anticipate things will go smoothly, but be warned that SC4D will be offline during that time, and possibly through the balance of the day.  We have a fair degree of confidence that, come the next day, we'll be back up and running, and better than ever.

Once we are back online, we'll post again in this thread to let you know anything specific about changes to the various mods and that sort of thing.  We anticipate that you won't notice too much of a difference, but SC4D has been configured with a large number of these add-ins, and a very few might not be available after the update.  Again, we'll keep you posted.

Thanks so much for bearing with us during this significant event- I am the point of contact for any questions or comments, and you should feel free to PM them to me (while we're online, of course).

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

jeronij

Today 25th August 2008 the forums software has been updated to V1.1.5 which means a remarkable increase in security and speed.

We want to avoid unnecesary forums shut downs, so we are opening the forums with the basic standard configuration, everything needed to run the forums is there ;) ¡¡¡ , and we will be upgrading them and adding all the old known extra features, as well as some fresh brand new ones.

We hope to have everything finished by the end of this week. In the meantime, the forums will remain open, and initially not another shutdown will be needed.

If you find some error or issues (but not missing features please, since those will be added asap, as mentioned above ;D ) with the new forums version, please report it in the appropriated thread: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5292.0

Thanks to all for your patience ¡¡¡
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary