• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mods in 1

Started by Herdervriend, August 09, 2008, 04:28:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Herdervriend

Mods in 1

Maybe this is not allowed, maybe it's already posted, maybe it's already done. But still I got a question or idea.

On the site, where you can download all that mods, packeges and add ons for you're SC4 game, you see the search being so that you can go to user and so on. But isn't the following thing not better?

To get all the stuff of that use and form it into a even bigger file or a torrent? So example, you got a whole bunch of props that has got files in it, the important files go than in 1 winrar file and than being extracted to the site or in a torrent (important = install files). Isn't that easier for our users? Because we now must go trough 50 pages and download more than a billion times and open with a program that each time says: Pay or exit or somekind. And than install that stuff all in 1. So before we are ready, with all the things we want, we must search, search and search before we finally get what we want, because you need for each thing a package that gives the files you surtanly need for a few mods to install. And some mods disable others I also have seen. But yeah that is a other thing.

So isn't it a thing to place a gigantic torrent file with all the files, or a gigantic torrent for user, sort or other thing with the mods they need for the files, so that we all can install the stuff in ones instead of downloading/installing 200 times?
(Re-designing)

TheTeaCat

Uploading Files as a torrent is frowned upon generally by the community. It raises issues with copyright etc and other ugly situations.

See here for further explanation.

Yes installing dependencies can be a pain but so is stubbing your toe :D

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

allan_kuan1992

you'll just have to download the files that are essential for lots and mods to work properly. I don't really mind even though it might bloat up the file sizes (oh well).

Also, if you (or others) ask persistently about this, many creators might get irritated as they consider the issue closed. Just a tip.

- Allan Kuan