• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...disasters!

Started by nerdly_dood, August 20, 2008, 08:36:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdly_dood

In this thread you can show most any disaster you can think of.  They can be real pictures or PS'ed pictures (simcity or RL) or they can be disasters in SimCity (like the autosaurus rex).

I will post disasters in the order that I uploaded to my Photobucket, and you can see that the first images are rather badly done, but they get better as you go on.

Roughly all of these images have already been posted in the forum at www.simcities.net but since the homepage has died (but not the forum) many people probably think the site is dead.  Again.  So I'm posting these images at a larger site where more people can see them.

This event would be located several hundred feet behind the main building which you see.  That building is actually my school.

The image below is of the lava fields after a volcanic eruption, and the lava has since cooled off.  I never knew concrete highways could stop a big puddle of molten rock...

This used to be a Maxis mayor statue.

Welcome to Roanoke, Virginia, folks!

In this one you'll have to look closely, but you can see where the meteor hit the house somewhere in there. Yes, it's small.

The next several images are of the second riot I ever had. (The first lasted a matter of seconds - I dispatched two police cars and that was the end of it)  It was before I knew about Simtropolis or SC4D or any of the stuff I now take for granted.  I had to work hard to get it, too, and once it started, I played around with funding some to see what happened.  It was interesting, and about half the city was destroyed.

Now let's see yours!
My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.
—   EGO  VOBIS  VADELICO   —
Glory be unto the modder and unto the fun and unto the city game!

MandelSoft

;D {Maarten's got a big smile while watching these pictures!}
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

pagenotfound

Im back baby! Everybody do the Bendah!

nerdly_dood

My days here are numbered. It's been great and I've had a lot of fun, but I've moved on to bigger and better things.

pilotdaryl

NEWS FLASH
At New York City's JFK Airport a Jetblue A320-200 has skidded off the airport's primary runway and has split into two pieces, and has caught fire.  Police count 100 survivors out of the 154 on board.  So far, 25 have been confirmed dead with another 41 confirmed injuries...

wiederhoren

Nach der Katastrophe kommt anschließende Eiszeit............  ()sad() ()sick()

MandelSoft

Nice pictures, wiederhoren, but would you combine you pictures next time and stop double posting? And in English please? (I know German, but the're a lot of people who don't so please mind that)
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

rooker1

nerdly_dood,
Great idea and fantastic pictures.  Some of them gave me a little chuckle as well.
It would be nice though if you reposted them as jpg.  It took for ever to load on my computer and I have a very fast connection.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

nerdly_dood

Like I said, they are from my early days of PSing back when I didn't really know about different compression formats and whatnot... I can assure you that any new ones will be JPG though.

dragonshardz

hey n_d, how did you get a riot?

nerdly_dood

First I made a sandbox city without any style or realism, then I made sure that there was no parks, decreased lots of funding, and high taxes, and then I went on a UDI mission with the fighter jet from Area 5.1 soething about destroying the industrial complex, and then when I completed that mission the mayors rating where the plane was over dropped to about -100 which I guess is the trigger point for a riot, and then I did nothing about it for a while, and played with police and fire funding which was fun...

frdrcklim

wiederhoren, I'm not sure what that is  ()what()
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

nerdly_dood

I don't speak much German, but I do know that Eiszeit means "ice age" and therefore I know that the word for ice is "Eis" and the word for time is "Zeit" but I don't know how I learned that "Zeit" could mean either age or time...

bat

Wonderful using of these effects there!
The pictures of the disasters are looking wonderful!!!

(Nice idea for a new "Show us your... - thread", btw!)

Earth quake

a terrible tempest is announced, and the big designer lancasterois Sam Wilerdey offered 3 painting of what could tempest  on the city.

1st pic, the Waver bridge in the water and the tsunamie arrived in the New oxford

the rests of the Waver bridge

frdrcklim

Nice tsunami Earth Quake. It looks like a mudslide though.

This was done in a hurry. Global warming my friends. First, the Aral Sea, then my very own river. It's time to our ways. Let's  &hlp fight global warming.

I didn't save this as this was only temporary lol  :D.
300... 200... 100... 50... 40... 30... 20... 10

Yep, I still got it.

art128

Earth quake this is an amazing work  &apls !! and good work to frdrcklim  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

NASCAR_Guy

Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave