• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General requests

Started by joelevan, February 23, 2007, 09:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joelevan

1) I would LOVE to see SimGoober's complete catalogue of works posted here.
2) Airports would be nice too. There are lots of great ports and river items. Not much in the way of airport or even airpark lots.

Joel

Colyn

Simgoober is very much tied up in RL issues at the moment but I am sure some of his stuff will trickle in here soon ...

As for the Airports stuff ... we have all tried but the Airport engine in the game is so flaky that most of us gave up ... sort of the same issues that we experience with extra harbours.

Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

joelevan

Darn RL stuff! Why does it ALWAYS seem to get in the way.  ;)

That is too bad about the airports and harbors. It makes sense to me now though why, after several years, there has been little on either.

Colyn

Just a note ... some custom airports and harbours can trash your city beyond recovery ... so I suggest that you read the Readme and also first test it in your Test Region before using it in your real city ... also part of the testing should include bulldozing it.
Come see CSX Play

rooker1

What kind of issues are there?  I had no idea and I use voltaire's airport stuff. 
Call me Robin, please.

Colyn

If you are using it and has seen no serious crashes etc. then they should be ok I think.
Come see CSX Play

rooker1

I do have crashes every once in awhile, but I am no computer genius, so I have no idea what caused the crash.
Also I use tons of custom harbour ports.  It would be too bad if these were causing my crashes.  Now I have learned to save every 30 minutes!!
Call me Robin, please.

Voltaire

SG's library is quite extensive, split across ST and Peg's... I agree it would be nice to see a big list of eveything and where to find it.

As for the airports, Kbooms and I have some things coming down the pipeline "soon" (meaning as soon as RL allows) so keep an eye out. My big RMIP series of puzzle-pieces is still in active development -- but it isn't for everyone, so a few pre-fab lots with unique layouts are in planning too.

edit: "flaky" is a kind way of putting it... the SC4 airport-related codebase is entirely inadequate, especially the part about simulating the economic impact of regional airports (the effects are limited to the host city's tile). Not to mention the difficulty in adding new functional terminals to the game -- which Swamper was able to resolve with some serious modding work btw.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

joelevan

I actually received SimTropolis' DVD V. 02 a couple of days ago and it is LOADED!!! Great idea. It has almost ALL of SG's stuff as well as the majority of the BSC catalogue. Amazing compilation!

Joel

Swamper77

Quote from: Voltaire on March 13, 2007, 12:48:55 PM
edit: "flaky" is a kind way of putting it... the SC4 airport-related codebase is entirely inadequate, especially the part about simulating the economic impact of regional airports (the effects are limited to the host city's tile). Not to mention the difficulty in adding new functional terminals to the game -- which Swamper was able to resolve with some serious modding work btw.
Voltaire,

If you're adding more terminals, let me know so I can update the coding for them.

-Jan
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!