• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SimFox asks for help

Started by SimFox, October 04, 2007, 03:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimFox

Oh, god!! I'm totally confused now! %confuso
First of all... can one rename already existing SC4Model file?? I tryed and it wouldn't show in Plug-in Manager. Am I doing something wrong or is it because it reads not the names but something inside of the files as it seems to me... Even when I remove original file and only have a renamed on in my plug-in Folder PM will still list it under old name.
Second. If renaming is impossible... would it be possible to have different name for SC4Desc file (I mean is is allowed, I know that it is possible in a sense that it works)
Third. Linked to 1 and 2 is it possible to have SC4Modle file with one external name and different internal? Basically most users will only see external as it what will show in Explorer, but those willing to do something with model in PM might get confused when name they expect will not show up in PM...
Four. I do have a red cross in Analyzer/Importer. But I'm puzzled for the reference of it: what is this LTD file?? Particularly cause it list the very same SC4Desc file that IS open and that is listed twice just above it with no red cross in sight!

BarbyW

The internal name is held in an XML file in the model file. If you change the external filename without changing the XML file it will show the original name. You can call the desc file any name you like as that is what will be shown in the query. If you look at the picture on the previous page of the lot I made you will see what I named the desc file.
When models are packed using SC4DatPacker the XML files are removed. Although this makes it difficult to reuse in Maxis PIM the X Tool can read the models but without the name, just their reference values. This means that they can be used to make new descs in X Tool but you would need to supply a useable name.
Finally, the LTD file is one generated by LE and holds the references to descs and models used in the original creation of the lot. It often holds "false" dependency information if the lot has been made when too much has been kept in the plugins folder. For example if you look at the discussion about the car clusters in Patfirefighter's thread in the BLaM forum you will see an explanation. Why SC4Tool is reporting it missing from the LTD when it shown as there in the Scan I have no idea but the Scan section is the one that is correct. That is the one used by SC4Tool when making the Readme.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

SimFox

Ok, Barby, the SET of files is in the mail.
I've made it to fit CAM according to the data RippleJet had given me. Not sure if that is enough but all the Desc and info in Readme mentions that.

I've added two LOTs I've made in first place with little change to straight road piece - replaced Flora trees with Same type of Prop ones. Corner lot still have Flora though.

My idea is for this set to be  part of CAM. Tell me if I've missed something.

SimFox

Ok P44T Mid-rise corner is basically ready It was delayed somewhat cause I have been working on new Rig and export procedure to simplify truNite export without actually writing new script. So now it is has been simplifying significantly enough to be practical even for large buildings and for most of people.
So without further ado here is LOTed version for you consideration and critique.

I'm particularly interested in learning your opinion on the night view. Do you think it is too dark? Do you think that roof looks too weird in night view? Are those bad enough to warrant re-export?
Take a serious look because this one is just a first in a series of quite a few of mid and high-rises. So it is quite important to get it right so that there will be consistency and quality to the entire series.
Another issue I'm a bit lost as to the residential capacity. There aren't really much references for the mid-rise of this size. Also should it be R$??

RippleJet

Quote from: SimFox on November 04, 2007, 01:46:32 PM
Another issue I'm a bit lost as to the residential capacity. There aren't really much references for the mid-rise of this size. Also should it be R$??

The building needs to be run through the "X Tool", not just in order to get an accurate capacity, but also for all other properties that rely on the capacity.
The filling degree will be rather low though. :)

And I think they need to be R§§. ;)

M4346

Yeah, I'm thinking a filling degree of 0.3 or 0.35

The BAT itself looks good to me, nightlights and all, and it is truly a superb model (in my opinion). But I can't tell much about the modding by judging off images though.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

jmyers2043

Very nice looking lot and building. A must download for me.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

BarbyW

I feel that there are too many trees especially in the central part with the playground. It would be most unsafe to have a playground in the middle of a forest as the children could not be supervised safely. Thin out the trees by at least 2/3 and add some more playground items including the animated props. Ther is room in that area for a skateboard park as well.

SimFox

Sorry for delays, I've failed to get all I wanted ready for upload before my trip to China.
So here are download links for ready SC4Modle files.
Please feel free to take a look at them and suggest you stats and lot visions:

1. this is that mid-rise corner building exported with no trees:

http://rapidshare.com/files/70565531/P44T_MRC_nt-0x5ad0e817_0x135c6ca8_0x1b0000.rar

2. 25 storey tower from same series, also with no trees

http://rapidshare.com/files/70565529/P44MRC_Tower_LMtrees-0x5ad0e817_0x135c6ca8_0x1f0000.rar

3. This one is a combo - corner mid-rise and 25 storey tower exported together with trees.

http://rapidshare.com/files/70565529/P44MRC_Tower_LMtrees-0x5ad0e817_0x135c6ca8_0x1f0000.rar

All are truNite.

jestarr

These are very good looking buildings. :thumbsup:  One thing, however, the second and third link goes to the same file; the one with trees.  Cheers!

BarbyW

I have taken the three models through the X_Tool and also done a suggested set of lots. The L shaped building has an occupancy of R$$ 1221/R$ 2209 and on a 6x6 lot is a stage 6. The L shaped building with the trees and tower included has an occupancy of R$$ 2078/R$ 3761 on a 6x6 lot is a stage 7. The tower on its own has an occupancy of R$$ 925/R$ 1673 on a 2x2 lot and is a stage 9. I have only used one external dependency - BSC MEGA Props - GC Vol01 as I wanted a fenced off safe area for the leisure area and there is nothing suitable in the Maxis props. The other external dependency is BSC Essentials for the CAM query in the tower although that could be changed to a standard Maxis one.
Here are some pictures of my suggestions. If you are happy with them I can send you the lots only or package them with a Readme - you give me the description text please - and in an installer. They can then be uploaded in your name once they have been scrutinised.

All three lots placed together - day picture

All three lots placed together - night picture

The L shaped block with leisure area.

jayo

Nice stuff simfox :) Looking great  :P
I'm back

kwakelaar

This is looking very nice, although I would much rather have the buildings without the trees.

SimFox

Barby, you've done great job! Great intergation of Tree'ed models and all in all very precise and accurate styling!! &apls

I'm in China now and can't do anything with this stuff I'll get back to you once I'm home again!
thank you, a-lot! :thumbsup:

SimFox

hello folks!
Can I get this baby CAMofied:

BarbyW

Of course you can. Send it me and I'll make the basic lot/s for you. Just let me know what you want in the way type/wealth etc.
I still have your corner residentials awaiting your approval for the lotting. Let me know about those too, please.

SimFox

Yep Shall do it later tonight, or tomorrow...
I think I want to re-render the day views, I've found one problem with them.
Barby, how about those lovely LOTs you've made for my previous project? I particularly love the one for corner building with the Tower and trees. I think the integration is top notch there. But also one with big playground looks great. I'll be re-rendering those models again to get a bit better hue integration with the game. but the lots don't need to be affected by that do they?
Can you send them to me and I think those could be uploaded to the STEX this weekend, and may be here to LEX as well??

BarbyW

If you re render the models with the same IIDs then it won't affect the lots. If they are completely "new" models then I shall have to adjust that in the lots. I'm glad you liked the lots as I was rather pleased with them ;D
Do you want the uploads in an installer as I can do that for you? I just need whatever information you want in the description section of the Readme and can do that for you.

callagrafx

Re-rendering in Bat4Max with the same IID is dodgy at best...It would probably be better to create a fresh model and update the TGI in the desc file (that's how I usually do it  :thumbsup: )
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

SimFox

I don't think that Max as such has anything to do with IDs... Those are set by GMAX in SC4Model. As long as you use the very same model file IDs got to be the same.