• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Request for Sagebrush for high desert terrain

Started by papab2000, September 21, 2008, 03:14:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

papab2000

Hi,

I have been looking for sagebrush to add to my high desert regions. While traveling through Nevada, Idaho, Oregon, and Washington in the high desert areas, one thing you can find and that is plenty of this stuff. Sure would be nice to have some for the game. I guess high desert vegetation would be the request, to spread all over the terrain.   :)

Please advise,
Rich

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Visit my mapping thread: linkie
Post pic's of your NHP Mapped Regions linkie

Tarkus

A fellow high-desert enthusiast :thumbsup: 

I'd check into Chris Adams' Rural Renewal Project.  He's released a couple sets of Pasture Flora (linked at the beginning of the thread), which includes some very realistic sagebrush (marked "Medium Scrub Brush" in-game). 

If you haven't already, I'd also recommend (shameless self-plug, I know) the Wasco Terrain Mod that I released as an Alpha awhile back, which is designed to emulate the Oregon High Desert.  Check the "Tarkus' Non-Transit Stuff" link in my sig.

Hope that helps!

-Alex (Tarkus)

papab2000

Alex,

Thanks for the reply, sounds good. I will try them out. Biggest problem I have found with terrain mods for desert is they are either green on the ground and brown in the mountain or vise-versa. That really does not match the high desert areas. I lived in Boise for 5 years and traveled all over from there. I'll bet I had several k's of jack rabbits thump under my car.  ??? Sorry animal lovers, they just jump out in front of you, you just can't avoid it.

I will let you know how this goes.

Rich

papab2000

Well the scrub brush is nice but just to small. So I am still looking for someone to make high desert flora.  &mmm
All of the terrain mods I have tried still do not match the high desert region in Nevada so I am looking for a terrain mod to.  ::)