• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Rural residential streets without sidewalks

Started by buckbeach, September 24, 2008, 08:41:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckbeach

I can't imagine that after so many years that this is a new request, but here goes anyway.  There are so many good mods that add roadside junk to various rural streets/dirt roads when they are connected to an agricultural zone, but add a couple of residential lots to represent local farm worker residences or farm owners and they turn in to paved streets with sidewalks.  The pavement is OK but the sidewalks are completely unrealistic.

Would no sidewalk streets be impossible or can it be done?

j-dub

Hi buckbeach. I thought about this earlier too, but that was before SAM. There is a street made by Pegasus that adds a soft shoulder. If you are not familiar with SAM, you may want to go look at the NAM video tutorials-http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5612.0  Now since getting that mod, I have been able to make unincorporated residential streets which you would see in rural communities (no sidewalk). Just like in real life, it also gets rid of the stop signs on the streets, but you can still see other roadside stuff on them. So with the SAM I can have neighborhoods with and without the sidewalk, upon my choosing. I also have done industrial areas without the sidewalk.

CasperVg

Also this thread has some workarounds regarding sidewalks on rural lots.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

buckbeach

Quote from: caspervg on September 24, 2008, 09:59:21 PM
Also this thread has some workarounds regarding sidewalks on rural lots.

Thanks to both of you.  I will check them out.