• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Telephone Poles

Started by Streetlight 725, October 16, 2008, 02:32:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Streetlight 725

I was wondering if you can have these telephone poles in the game.If you can make then,can someone make them?They would follow the railroad track or a street.
Heres the pictures.

metarvo

It would take someone proficient with T21s, and the limited number of MODders who can do that seem to be busy with other projects at the moment.  Matt (threestooges) has shown some ploppable telephone poles in his BAT thread [linkie], which resemble the first photo you have shown, but they are not T21s and would not run alongside roads and rails unless they were plopped, and not all of them are even released at the moment.  Interstate80's latest streetlight mods include wooden telephone poles alongside roads in agricultural areas and random wooden poles in other areas, but that may not be what you want.
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

Streetlight 725

I-80 mod is great.I-80 dont have the telephone poles.Its an perfcet idea to have an telephone poles right next to the track.
These power poles look great in the picture.

threestooges

Streetlight: The telephone poles metarvo mentioned are being worked on for the 3RR project. They will hopefully be released some time in the future. While they cannot be plopped directly on the roads, they can follow them and will have enough flexibility to go up through the hills as well.

If you are interested in making your own, they aren't that difficult to do in the BAT, and I can show you some tutorials that will get you started. Dedgren's plop tutorial will cover the rest of the process.

Dark_horse_spirit

Telephone poles are a good start into batting, When I started this is the first thing that I made. Render them as a prop and throw them onto a park lot(tile) and your on your way. Be sure to center your prop properly as you want it to attach in at least 2 directions. If you need any help on this matter I'd be glad to give you a hand.

DHS

Streetlight 725

Telephone poles are being worked on?
Thats good to know.

metarvo

Streetlight 725, if you want to learn how to BAT, there is a good tutorial [off-site linkie] out there that will help you get started.  It's the one I used.  Oddly, this discussion seems familiar...
Find my power line BAT thread here.
Check out the Noro Cooperative.  What are you waiting for?  It even has electricity.
Want more? Try here.  For even more electrical goodies, look here.
Here are some rural power lines.

thundercrack83

OK,

Streetlight 725--Do not start another thread about power lines and telephone poles. You have requested these several times, and a lot of folks are busy working on many other things right now to drop everything, just because you cannot seem to be patient.

As had been noted, if you would like to learn to BAT them yourself, there are many wonderful tutorials to get you started.

If not, please stop making all these requests. You've been warned before, consider this a final warning.