• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I need big big big train stations!

Started by A200, October 25, 2008, 05:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A200

Hello all,

In my city, it is made up of 9 small tile sized cities, with the CBD city tile in the middle, and 4 residential city tiles to the north/east/west/south of the CBD, and industrial city tiles diagonal from the CBD.

Like this:

I = INDUSTRIAL CITY TILE
C = COMMERCIAL CITY TILE
R = RESIDENTIAL CITY TILE

I R I
R C R
I R I

To complement this arrangement, I have large train networks connecting all tiles. The network has doubled train lines (aka two train lines next to each other) for greater capacity, and I am using the JENX Amsterdam Station for key train stations.

Now to my issue?

My whole city is gridlocked. All 9 tiles.
It has gotten so bad that I have had to install a subway station- it is full.
The motorway network is pretty much full, and roads in the city are congested.
My train stations (smaller stations with 2 platforms for 2 lines into it, capacity 10,000) have got like 40,000 commuters going into it, and my larger Amsterdam stations which have 20,000 capacity, are being used by like 80,000 sims! See I have the CAM, which means that high density towers can pop up after a while, and that is exactly what happened. All my cities have high density zoning, except a few are still suburbia, but my main density living is just full of towers everywhere.

I badly need high capacity train stations, as well as higher capacity subway stations! If anyone knows any lots for train stations with like 100,000 capacity, please post them!! I am reluctant to use the big Gare du Nord station, as it needs like 13 lines to go into and takes up a lot of space (my city has skyscrapers everywhere and even the Amsterdam stations take up a bit of room) so I need something comparable in size to the Amsterdam station, but with really high high capacity!

If anyone could help, it would be greatly appreciated!

A200

MassHelper

Go to STEX and type in Acreation Main Station... Then look for the one uploaded by ayuroom... That station has like 50K cap and it's a 3x5 lot (I think)

:) Mass

P.S. You can also look into Ill Tonkso's station.... One of them has 200K cap.. But it's really big.

EDIT

Can some1 actually make a station as small as ill tonkso's Newton Abbot Station (URL: http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/index.cfm?id=16995), but with an actual capacity of 100 to 150K, cuz the Newton Abbot did not actually have 60K, but it actually has a capacity of 40K..

TY

SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

jmdude1

warsaw station - 70000 capacity, charing cross station - 50000 capacity, St Pancras Station - 60000 capacity, Brenntia St Georges station - 200000 capacity. all excellent stations, just some that i found browsing on simtropolis.

masshelper (and maybe a200): if youve ever used sc4tool, its very useful to edit station capacities. just click the 'edit all properties' button, open the sc4 lot file you want to edit,  open the building folder and look for the 'transit switch traffic capacity' exemplar. you will see the station's capacity value listed when selected and you can just edit it to the value you want and save. hope this helps.  :thumbsup:
if the station already exists in a city, you might have to bulldoze it 1st and replop it.

MassHelper

jmdude1... I have warsaw station, Brenntia St Georges Station, and St. Pancras station, but I just don't use it since I don't have enough space in my city...

SC4 Modders' Assistant and Adviser

jmdude1

hmm..maybe i misunderstood you.  what i meant was you can edit any size station, such as the one you linked, or another, and just up the capacity (unless you think its cheating by having unrealistic stats). i had the same problems in the past, i just didnt seem to have space but with a little editing of your favourite station, its all good.  &apls

CasperVg

I can't really help you with the capacity, but a list of (almost) all railway plugins (including stations) can be found here
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube