• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

show us your real life city recreations

Started by rootbears, November 16, 2008, 05:44:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rootbears

hi there and welcome to my new topic about sc4 versions of real cities. im new to sc4devotion but im getting the hang of it. please tell me if theres already another thread like this one so i can delete this. thanks  ;D

rules:-

no spamming
respect everyone

enjoy

creator:-rootbears
Woe betide the day theres a game without mods
Woe betide the day my game crashes
Woe betide the day any of the above happen ;D ;D

iamgoingtoeatyou

I've got a few:

Well, maybe too much...Sorry for attacking the thread :D

Full size: http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/6771/hehete6.jpg

Full size: http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a25/dkruel05/big.jpg

These are just a sample, I have a lot more in my threads in

Simtropolis: http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=36&threadid=94214&STARTPAGE=1 (a little ahead of sc4devotion thread)

and sc4devotion: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3607.0

rootbears

;D awesome work. thanks for the first post  ;)

tag_one

the good old classics  &apls &apls &apls I wish I could build cities like you do, iamgoingtoeatyou :'(

Great! But wait... aha!  $%#Ninj2 I think I see an aisan style building beside the Empire State!  ()what()
Don't trust the teapots. It's dangerous!

Jack Bauer

Old these mosaics are so perfect and you have showed a few because there is plenty of it on your topic!!!!

j-dub

Wow, wider oneway roads with intersections. It looks real.

rootbears

How did you get the wider one way roads??? $%Grinno$%

rootbears: I think that is just some photoshopping. :party:
Don't trust the teapots. It's dangerous!

Andreas

I think those textures are from the Gare du Nord texture pack that xannepan made for the original Gare du Nord lot. Most likely, they have been used on a custom lot in order to create the illusion of a double-wide oneway-road. ;)
Andreas

j-dub

At the same time, it looks like theres an avenue underneath that wider OWR. The intersections give it away, but it really looks like the real deal with the cars headlights working, but its only taxis, and red and grey cars using it. I can only make 6 lane OWR's in 2 tiles, good enough.

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

un1

I wish I was as good as you!  $%Grinno$%

Amazingness!  &apls :thumbsup: :o

-un1

paroch

Some great shots there Iamgoingtoeatyou.

As for RL recreations - here is West End's Amsterdam inspired city, Kingly......

Amsterdam Centraal Station:

Kingly Central Station:

1950's Amsterdam Oosterdok

Kingly overview:

Amsterdam Damrak:

Kingly Damrak:

Amsterdam Dam Square:

Kinlgy Dam Square:

Amsterdam Herrengracht:

Kingly Herrengracht:

Amsterdam Nieuwemarkt:

Kingly New Market:

Amsterdam Blumenmarkt:

Kingly Flower Market

Amsterdam Leidseplein:

Kingly Leidseplein:

Amsterdam Montelbaanstoren:

Kinlgy Montells Tower:

I have to admit that this is the most fun I've had with SC4 - I really enjoyed building it and hope you like the pictures.

praiodan

Wow, excellent pictures  :thumbsup:

Been trying to recreate some typical Berlin suburban developements from the end of the 19th century. It's not ready of course  :P

And here as a comparison my inspiration for this quarter, the area around Lichterfelde Ost in the south of Berlin:

bat

Your recreations are looking really realistic there, paroch! Nice work on it! :thumbsup:
And also nice work on that suburban development, Praiodan! :thumbsup:

rootbears

Sheep49

Not bad work there calvin, but... what real life city is this recreation of? It's a little bit too hard for me to make it out ;D As for the work itself, as I stated not bad. If I were you, though, I'd download some more buildings. They would make this area look fuller and more original. :)

praiodan, I like how you've based your suburbs around the ones that can be found in Germany, and especially Berlin. Keep up the good work with that! :thumbsup:
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

j-dub

Heres a real place I recreated. Unfortunately this is only half a reality with current limitations. I am likely to loose being signal-less if the road mod used here is ever finished. For now I can have various lane choices to impersonate a real place. The game image is 100% game, no PS-ing but this Avenue T to road with a turning lane, I have not heard any plans that is finalized. Too bad, I like not having signals for this situation.