• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

An unusal occurance relating to a plopped industrial's freight trip

Started by buckbeach, November 25, 2008, 09:27:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

buckbeach

This morning I plopped jestarr's Lipschitz Cabinet Company to create some industry for a primarily Ag region.  I let it run for awhile and checked back to see how it was operating and I discovered that the Freight Trips were showing as short.  Again this is a plopped lot and as we all know that those type of industrial lots always show the freight trips as long.  I have tried to recreate this and I can not, but, I still have the one originally plopped in the town.

Has anybody else ever seen this happen?  To me it says that this possible under the right circumstances.  It would be great if the secret is ever discovered.

RippleJet

If you route query the building, does it show any freight going out of it?

buckbeach

Quote from: RippleJet on November 25, 2008, 09:30:56 AM
If you route query the building, does it show any freight going out of it?

I checked and no it is not, so it is not functioning properly.  However, this brings up another question since it shows short trips do you think the negative effect of long trips is cancelled?  If this is the case and if it can be recreated it would also be useful.

RippleJet

Was the ground empty before you plopped it, or did you plop it on top of an existing industrial lot?

buckbeach

Quote from: RippleJet on November 25, 2008, 09:59:19 AM
Was the ground empty before you plopped it, or did you plop it on top of an existing industrial lot?

It was empty.  I thought it was empty but maybe not because I just tried to plop over other industrial and residential lots and I get short trips.
To me this is very significant because it fits in with my concept me being able to use plops as local not manufacturing industries such as construction companies, infrastructure builders.

Thank you for allowing me to you use as a sounding board and helping me figure this out.

RippleJet

Unfortunatley those reported short trips may not be there for ever.
It's the same phenomenon that appears when you plop a residential building on top of a previously zoned residential area.
Just as the old route to work might still be left from the old building, the short trips are remnants from the old lot that was in place before.

Industries are pretty easy to maintain though, despite them not having freight going out.
The only problem with plopped industries is that you will not get any industrial CAP relief from freight leaving them.
And that is irrespective of whether the reported freight trips are short or long.

buckbeach

Quote from: RippleJet on November 25, 2008, 11:06:21 AM
Unfortunatley those reported short trips may not be there for ever.
It's the same phenomenon that appears when you plop a residential building on top of a previously zoned residential area.
Just as the old route to work might still be left from the old building, the short trips are remnants from the old lot that was in place before.

Industries are pretty easy to maintain though, despite them not having freight going out.
The only problem with plopped industries is that you will not get any industrial CAP relief from freight leaving them.
And that is irrespective of whether the reported freight trips are short or long.

I could fill a book with what I don't know about this game.  I have read up on the CAP relief impact and for grins I will keep and eye on the trip length to see if it changes like that of the residential lots.

Thank you