• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Freight carrying ferries?

Started by Fancy Flight, January 01, 2009, 11:02:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fancy Flight

Is it possible to mod the ferries so they carry more than people going to/from work?  I have a city with a nice expanse of water and I don't feel like building bridges.  I also don't want to build a large seaport on every island with industry on it, but I want a way to get the freight to elsewhere.  So is this possible, or am I going to have to find smaller seaports and have a seaport and a ferry terminal on each island?

Thank you

SpilltMilk

Well...no, technically, it's called a barge which I don't think have been/are in development right now, which would mean making a whole new series of automata, a basic seaport would transport goods, and ...how big are the islands?
Lacoste Levi*s Converse Nautica
<A HREF=http://www.userbars.com>

Graffitti Family Guy South Park Polo
These are a few of my favorite things!

Swamper77

@Fancy Flight:
The game's ferry system only accepts cars and passengers. It is also hard-coded, so we cannot make changes to it. We would have to edit the EXE to make the type of ferry system you are suggesting, and editing the EXE is illegal to do.

@SpilltMilk:
It's not that simple. You can make all the vehicle models you want, but unless the game has a correct functions for what you are trying to do, it will be useless. The game only has two systems to transport freight traffic, freight trucks and freight trains. So he will need a either a seaport on each island or bridges connecting them all to a border connection or an island that has a port.

-Swamper

You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

smoncrie

It should be possible to make a ferry terminal that is also a seaport.  It would then handle both cars and freight. It could also look like an ordinary ferry terminal because, in real life, car ferries often carry some freight.

The ferries would not actually carry the freight; it would just disappear like it does in any Simcity4 seaport