• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Can't seem to figure out this treemod

Started by mrbisonm, March 11, 2007, 02:46:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Below is a picture of the treemod that I am talking about. There seem to be quite a few trees, 18.... I think. Starting with subartic forest and finishing with Mountainridge forest.
I am not sure if they are from here, but having seen Jeronij's and Simgoober's name on some of them in the menu, I figure it is here that help would be granted.
In the readme file, it says there are no dependencies....hm....unless I have read the wrong readme file (possible) but I am sure that I am missing something as the picture clearly shows. Would someone know what?
I have no idea where I got this mod from or when, or even what it is called. If I knew , I would have done some research on them first. All I know it's on my gamemenu since a few months now I think and I never used these trees until last night, where I found out that something is missing. Help will like always be much appreciated.
Btw, these treemods look darn good!!!

Thanks in advance

mrbisonm

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Tarkus

mrbisonm, I believe some of the tree mods are here at the LEX, and others are over at SimPeg.  I downloaded those the other day and had the same problem . . . a forest of boxes. :D  There actually are some additional dependencies that are needed, though the way the description is formatted, it's a little hard to tell.  Try running BSC Cleanitol and make sure you have the most recent file list.  It's by far the easiest way to find any missing dependencies. 

Hope that helps.

-Tarkus

jeronij

Hello MrB, nice to see you around here  ;)

As far as I can tell you, these plopable trees are installed with any of Cycledogg's CPTNo7 file that you may have in your HD. They are compressed into a single dat, so it is a hard task to remove them. But it can be done with the Reader if you want to keep the Columbus trees but not these.

I could not find a clear list of dependencies for these brushes, but I think you need the mega packs from
SimGoober, Mega Prop Pack,
SWI21 (Vol01 and Vol02),
Couchpotato (Vol01 and Vol09),
and mine ( Vol02 and Vol03 ).
You also need both Columbus trees files. CPTNo8 and CPTNo9.

Maybe I missed some link...I dont remember all the authors that Cycledogg used for these brushes. If you still have problems, just let us know.

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Tarkus

Thanks, Jeroni!  There were a couple you mentioned that Cleanitol didn't seem to pick up there, and didn't appear to be listed on the initial description either.  Very cool mods--well worth tracking down those dependencies. :thumbsup:

-Alex (Tarkus)

BarbyW

Taken fromcycledogg's Readme for the Tree Controller Mod:
QuoteDependencies = variety. You will need ALL of the following files in your plugins folder, or your sims will chop down the trees in your forest and make ugly brown boxes out of them!
•   CPT_No8_TreeModelsPartOne.dat
•   CPT_No9_TreeModelsPartTwo.dat
The two files above are installed as part of CPT_No7_AssortedTreeControllers (aka the cycledogg tree mod). If you are installing CPT_No7_AssortedTreeControllers now in order to get the two above files, choose any of the controllers when the installer asks you to choose one, then, after it is installed, delete it (the controller that is). The name of the file you will want to delete will begin with "CPT_No7_TreeController"
•   CP_PropPack_Vol01.dat
•   CP_PropPack_Vol02.dat
•   BSC Props Jeronij Vol 02 Trees
•   BSC Props Jeronij Vol 03 Trees
•   BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol01.dat
•   BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01.dat
•   JohnB-Cactus.dat
The above file (The Desert Flora Mod) is only needed if you use a desert tree controller (such as the Painted Desert tree controller) or plant a Mixed Saguro Desert forest in mayor mode.
•   BSC MEGA Props - D66 Vol01.dat
•   BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol01.dat
•   BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol02.dat
BSC MEGA Props - RT Vol01.dat
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mrbisonm

Thank You very much BarbyW, Jeronij and all the others that have replied. I cannot use the cleanitol on my computer, it somehow is not compatible with my Windows XP, it seems to jam everytime I open it, probably smething to do with some other programs that I have or something else. So thanks for giving me all the dependencies these mayormod treefiles need.

Are all these in one .datfile? I think so, because they all appeared at the same time in my menu, at least they all have a similar name ending with the word forest and a similar description and menu picture in all of them.
Does someone know the name of that file, in case I cannot get them to work and I would like to get of them.? (would be a great shame)

Another thing , are they compatible with the CD No7 tree set and CD's terrainmod? I was wondering because since a few weeks I cannot use the godmode treeplanting mode anymore on lower elevations (mostly the CD trees). No trees are planted, no matter what I try.

Here's the list:

subarctic forest
elmtree forest
mixed saguro forest
yellowstone forest
rip arian forest
eucalyptus oak madrople forest
ponderose forest
dense spruce fir forest
bluebell chaparrall forest
atlantic mountain forest
dune flora
leafer green forest
spruce forest
mixed mediterranean forest
semi desert forest
mediterranean forest
maritime forest
mountain ridge forest

Anyways thanks so far, I will try to find all these dependencies later tonight or tomorrow, most of them I have already I think, just by looking at their name.

mrb

Forget the words below, I have found all of the ones needed here in the BSC fileexchange. Thanks.
Ps:
Now if someone would have the links for the props that Barby mentioned I would be delighted. It took me almost 25 minutes only to find one with my 30K-something connection. No need for these, I already have them:

CPT_No8_TreeModelsPartOne.dat
CPT_No9_TreeModelsPartTwo.dat
JohnB-Cactus.dat
BSC MEGA Props - SG Vol 01.dat
BSC Props Jeronij Vol 02 Trees
BSC Props Jeronij Vol 03 Trees
BSC MEGA Props - MJB Vol01.dat
BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol01.dat
BSC MEGA Props - swi21 Vol02.dat

Thanks

jeronij

Hello again MrB,

as mentioned in my previous post, all the plopable trees mods are inside the CPTNo7 file. In a single dat file.  ;)

Btw, every CPTNo7 file has a different configuration for the trees. Maybe this is the reason because you dont have trees in the lower elevations...just wondering....you can try with a different version of the tree controller (CPTNo7).

I hope this helps.

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

mrbisonm

I always had the same files of CP's mod (CPTNo7 file).....never had a problem......it's only since a couple of weeks that it acts like this. It must be something I downloaded lately for sure, probably this treemod  above.

jmyers2043

QuoteAnother thing , are they compatible with the CD No7 tree set and CD's terrainmod? I was wondering because since a few weeks I cannot use the godmode treeplanting mode anymore on lower elevations (mostly the CD trees). No trees are planted, no matter what I try.

It sounds to me like you may have downloaded one of Cycledoggs tree controllers. Possibly the Meadowshire Ocean, Meadowshire River, Missouri Breaks, etc. Those tree controllers will plant specific trees on specific slopes and elevations in God Mode. The Meadowshire ones for sure will not plant trees on flat land. There are other tree controllers as well. Going from memory, there is a desert one, Pacific Northwest, and Italian. Each of these controllers requires different sets and mixtures of trees from various authors. There are Mayor Mode tree controllers (like the one you pictured) which follow similar terrain parameters. Some right off the top of my head plant Mayor mode trees in bunches like the Pacific Northwest, a Rainforest, Mapel Oak forests, or Appalachian Mountains (my favorite) There are also just plain old trees as props which will plant anywhere.

Basically, from the picture you posted I recommend that you download all the dependencies from Barby's list. Cycledog took the entire flora that had been produced over the past two years and bunched them together into groups. And it would be next to impossible to know exactly what tree or shrub or flowers appear in what type of Mayor/God mode forest. So don't try to micromanage your prop plugins too much. You'll get brown boxes for sure. As an example, the Mayor mode Atlantic forest has Oaks, Maples, (plus other trees) AND  a few white bushes that look like azaleas growing on certain slopes. All from various authors. There is a very nice one that, in addition to the normal trees will also plant bluebell flowers at a very high flat elevation. Looks like a mountain meadow. Brilliant if you ask me.

One of the downloads in Barbys list will have the Trees as props. If memory serves, that would be Jeroni's adaptation of Cycledogs trees as props.  In the game the icon for these trees will have a brownish looking background. Now those will plant any tree anywhere you want.

I leave the flora downloads in my plugins all the time.  And I tend to swap out tree controllers a lot. I'll start or create a region by planting Missouri trees then switch to the Meadowshire River controller when actually playing each city. There is a lot of compatability. But I'd recommend against have two tree controllers in your plugins at the same time. Ex: Meadowshire tree controller AND Missouri Breaks controller. I've not actually tried it but I think that would be bad somehow.

Good Luck

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Heinz

hello jmyers. in all humility, i think the read me explicitly says not to have more than one controller in the plugins folder at any moment? anyway, what is barbyw's list? is there any link to it? thanks a lot

mrbisonm

Woohoo, you guys (and gals of course....not forgetting BarbyW) are fantastic. My game is finally back to normal. I found the file that Jim mentioned in my pluginfolder, the Missouri breaks tree controller. I took it out and wow,..... I got all my trees back on every height. (wonder how that one got in there?) Thanks JMyers, that was useful info.
Then I downloaded the whole list that Barby and Jeronij mentioned and installed it and Youppie,........ I have FORESTS ! Wonderful ones too.
Thanks BarbyW and Jeronij for the lists.
So,...............what can I do for you now?

zniehadajet, it is very easy to find everything on BarbyW's list. They are all here on this site. All you have to do is use the searchbar and type in the names like this:
RT
swi
mjb
Jeronij
etc.......and they will pop up immediately, just choose the propsets you want or need. Remember , you have to login into the BSC exchange first.

Thanks again everyone, I'm glad I asked. Much appreciated.

mrbisonm ;)

Colyn

If you look in the left menu bar on the LEX there is a LINK ... Site Extras ... click that and you will get a page with links on ... click on "Legends" and you will get a page with all the LEX Info Graphics on ... click on any graphic to get every lot in that Info Group ...  ()stsfd()
Work, the annoying period between bike trips.
Come see CSX Play

mrbisonm

Thanks Colyn for the link, I finally think I found the mod that these trees belong. It is the *Meadowshire Coast Tree Mod*. Great mod, I will keep it, now it's working fine.

mrb

Heinz

schm0

schm0

jeronij

Quote from: schm0 on June 13, 2007, 03:42:32 AM
Anyone know why this is happening?

()what()

You should be able to find all the dependencies in this topic. Just read a bit  ;)

Mallorca My Mayor Diary

schm0

Quote from: jeronij on June 13, 2007, 04:05:58 AM
()what()

You should be able to find all the dependencies in this topic. Just read a bit  ;)

Yes, I have the aformentioned dependencies, and as you can see from the pic, it doesn't make much sense. I have the bluebell chapparal flowers already. They're pictured on the left. But they're also "missing" on the right? I don't get it.

I should also mention I was using a modified tree controller I pulled from dedgren's 3RR CJ/MD. The file name was: CPT_No7a_MeadowshireRiver_TreeController.dat

I think what is missing is a small group of flowers, but I could be wrong.
schm0

Andreas

You need to install all dependencies, since the tree controllers select among the various flowers, shrubs and trees randomly. Each time you click, another model is selected, and if only one is missing, you will get the brown box.
Andreas