• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

General GRV II Discussion

Started by mrbisonm, February 21, 2009, 08:45:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pat

cabra thanks for that!!! I read it over and I cant find for the likes of me the SimCity4.exe file gaaaaaaaaaaaah...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

CabraBuitre

I just had trouble finding it at first myself.  The path was easy with my XP machine...

Go to your start button, then Computer, then choose the drive that has your hard drive with SC4 on it (for me it is the C: drive, labeled OS), then Program Files, then Maxis, SimCity4 Deluxe, and you should find it inside that folder. 

For whatever reason, when I went to the start button and selected "All Programs" at the bottom, I found Maxis and SC4... but couldn't find the right file either.  But the above path should get you there!

Let me know how it works for you... I haven't tried it yet.  I'm still trying to finish everything up and actually post my Challenge 5!

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

I still cant find it gaah!!!  Is it label exactly simcity4.exe or is it something else?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

mrbisonm

Pat, if you're looking for the Simcity4.exe file to play, it is in:

Programfiles/Maxis/Simcity4/Apps and it is simply called Simcity or Simcity.exe

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Pat

ahhh haaaa the light bulb clicks lol thanks fred....

CabraBuitre

Finally got my challenge #5 posted!!

Check out Abelfarei!

Pat

I can finally work on getting my pics for challenge 5 wooohooo!!! Cabra if I could give you a K-point right now for directing me to that fix by Peter I would soo right now!!!! Thanks a million!!!! Fred if I could give you one too I would as well cause dang finding that file was a pain and it was just that SimCity 4 lol!!!

CabraBuitre

Did it work?  I haven't actually done it myself.

Check out Abelfarei!

Diggis

Quote from: Pat on June 14, 2009, 06:50:29 PM
I can finally work on getting my pics for challenge 5 wooohooo!!! Cabra if I could give you a K-point right now for directing me to that fix by Peter I would soo right now!!!! Thanks a million!!!! Fred if I could give you one too I would as well cause dang finding that file was a pain and it was just that SimCity 4 lol!!!

You might not be able to, but I can.  :thumbsup:

turtle

Quote from: mrbisonm on June 11, 2009, 07:01:45 AM
Sorry to hear this David. Good luck in finding a job and come back whenever you like.
Now I am starting to wonder if the challenges are too hard and exagerated (so many are throwing in the towel).......or is it that they have become dull and less fun?

Fred

I meant to reply to this earlier. I really like the challenges, though more time consuming than anticipated as some have mentioned, they do really add to the playing of SC4. They are inspirering and I feel that since the game has taken a kind of sandbox dimension for me, these challenges bring the game back into SC4. Thank you for your big effort in this. I really do appreciate it.

Thomas
My name is Thomas...

Diggis

Agreed,  I'm sorry I had to drop out, but it had nothing to do with the game and more to do with me not managing to balance my life very well and something had to give.  I've enjoyed looking at the challenges as they are done, and, despite having dropped out, am still having a small input where I can.  ;)

TheTeaCat

Thank you all for your kind words.

Richard, my Father passed away peacefully with a smile on his face, a tear in his eye and loved ones at his side.
Now happily reunited with Finola my Mother and Peter my Brother may they rest in peace.

He was the kindest and most gentle man you could meet. A devoted husband of 33 years and loving father.
A deeply religious man who always tried to see the good in people. He never raised his voice, lost his temper
or raised a fist no matter how much I tested him. I shall miss his wisdom advice and help.

Thank you all once again for your words of comfort.

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Pat

Cabra yuppers it works now like a charm!!!

Shaun thank you for handing out those K-points for me... Also we must all make choices and you made the best choice for yourself!!!

Derry your a great man an your soo welcomed.... Take your time and I truly mean it if you need anything from a shoulder to someone to rant at, look me up...

EDIT:

LoL Cabra its scary your gaining some rep around here oooh boy lol.... You deserved it man!!! You helped me out in a time of crisis by pointing me to that tutorial by Peter...

CabraBuitre

Uh oh... I'm starting to get a "reputation" around here...   :D

I'll have to give it a shot when I have the chance.

Check out Abelfarei!

mrbisonm

I think once in awhile it is ok to sound kinda dumb, so here I go and ask: What is that reputation thing anyways and how does that work ?  ()what()

Fred

threestooges

It's basically a way to acknowledge something someone has done around the site (increased for good things, decreased for bad). It used to be that anyone could give it, but there were some incidents. The decision was made to keep the system, but only allow certain folks (as I understand it, most moderators and on up from there) to give it. Therefore, if you don't have the option to give "karma" as it's called here, just shoot a PM to one of the staff members and they can do it for you. We try to give it where it is warranted, but even we can't keep up with everything, so if you (and this goes for folks in general) need anything done, just pass the word along and we'll see what we can do.
-Matt

mrbisonm

Thanks for clearing that up, Matt. I have always wondered what it meant.

Fred

Diggis

It's generally the Global Mods and a few of the site mods (as opposed to the team or board mods) who have the power.

mrbisonm

So, if I would like someone to get a reputation point and I think he merritts it, I contact you or any other Global Moderator, right?

Hey, give one to jim myers because this guy is all over the place and comments positively on every upload of the members of the GRV II Challenge. He really earned it imo.

Thanks

Fred

Diggis

Sure, although I would suggest that you do it by PM for something like this, unless, like Pat, you are commenting directly below and event that warrents it.  ;)