• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

a question about a Lot

Started by VeTram, March 03, 2009, 03:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeTram

just help to clear something , that i have never managed to clear into my mind since now......when we want to make a Seaport lot ( carefull!..not the Seaport itself !) , but just an interior piece of land that belongs to the seaport ( i hope you understand me ) .
For example , it may be a dock or a pier .. well , my question is ...1)  If i have a model ,in which category should i put it into the Plugin Manager , and 2) If I dont have a model and go into L.E , which type of lot should i choose ?....I know we mostly use PZ lots ( like parks ) , but is it right to use a PZ lot in order to simulate a seaport area in game?..Hope you understand me...thanx :)

For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

RippleJet

Yes, eye-candy lots that appear in the seaport menu, can generally be made as parks to start with.
When the lot is finished, edit it in Reader and replace the Occupant Group 0x1006 (Park) with 0x1519 (Water Transit).

VeTram

thanx RippleJet ,  :thumbsup:....you mean the Occupant Group into Exemplar Building file ?  if yes ( as i cannot see any other) , i can see there are 5 values , one of them is the value you mentioned ...should i change that and nothing else?  what about the other properties ? 
also pls , is it the same for seawalls , or waterfronts for example?
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

FrankU

VeTram,

The eyecandy lots, or non growing ploppable lots that I use in my seaport areas are placed into the seaport menu. Mostly I did this myself.

For this purpose I use LEprop by Ilive. At the moment I do not have the program at hand, so I talk from memory.

This is what you should do:
There is a special menu where you can define the occupant groups. I think it is the lowest blue button on the right in the main menu. You should select the advanced options. Then you delete all values and then place the "Main building category" - "Water Transit" value into the list. Save, of course. The lot should now appear in the seaport menu.
Because the menu will become a big mess if you leave it that way, you should open the Reader (pity it can not be done in LEprop) and edit the item order value.

Hope this is clear to you.

RippleJet

Quote from: VeTram on March 03, 2009, 03:58:43 AM
you mean the Occupant Group into Exemplar Building file ?

Yes. ;)

i can see there are 5 values , one of them is the value you mentioned ...should i change that and nothing else?

What other values do you have in your Occupant Group property?

what about the other properties ? 

See FrankU's reply about the Item Order. ;)

is it the same for seawalls , or waterfronts for example?

Yes! :thumbsup:

VeTram

FrankU : Hey , my friend thanks for replying .  I really know just a very few things about LEPROP , ( really is there any help manual or tutorial or anything for help with LEprop? ) . As far as i remember , i have only used it to change menu's names and icons in game.. I didnt know about that usage , but now i think i understood what you mean. Perhaps you can tell me more about it.
In my question , when i mean other properties ( except the Occupants Group , RippleJet mentioned )  i wanted to mean the other values in Exemplar Building file we can see in Reader. For example , ParentCohort ,Wealth, Park Effect  etc etc. 

RippleJet : thanks for answering once again.  The other values in Occupant Group that i see , are :  0x00001005 ,0x00001006 (the one you mentioned )   0XB5C00019 , 0XB5C00DD8, 0XB5C00020 .   what are these values?   take notice that i have used a ready custom lot ( i think it is shore conforming seawalls from jeronij) , which i have transform with other props. 

RippleJet

Antonis, I'm sorry for being slow at replying this time... &ops

Quote from: VeTram on March 03, 2009, 09:07:17 AM
The other values in Occupant Group that i see , are :  0x00001005 ,0x00001006 (the one you mentioned )   0XB5C00019 , 0XB5C00DD8, 0XB5C00020 .   what are these values?   take notice that i have used a ready custom lot ( i think it is shore conforming seawalls from jeronij) , which i have transform with other props. 

Those Occupant Groups starting with 0xB5C... are needed for the BSC reward chains (buildings that need to be counted need to have an appropriate Occupant Group).

• 0x00001005 denotes it to be a civic building, and should be left in there.
  • 0xB5C00019 denotes it to be a JRJ lot
  • 0xB5C00020 denotes it to be a JRJ Canal
  • 0xB5C00DD8 denotes it to be a BSC Waterway

Quote from: VeTram on March 03, 2009, 09:07:17 AM
In my question , when i mean other properties ( except the Occupants Group , RippleJet mentioned )  i wanted to mean the other values in Exemplar Building file we can see in Reader. For example , ParentCohort ,Wealth, Park Effect  etc etc. 

Parent Cohort and Wealth are properties you generally shouldn't change.
To change the Park Effect, you do need either Reader or SC4Tool.

Whenever changing any of the properties, be sure to see how they are set for corresponding in-game buildings first.