• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Yet another Eediot! Help with funny SC4 sounds

Started by ramseyazad, March 13, 2009, 01:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ramseyazad

So I have always loved SC4, it got me through many unemployed months after college, and like any newly economically downturned gamer, I looked at it as a chance to re-install SC4 and ignore my wife for a couple weeks.  But this time there is a fresh new twist!  So far, everything has been working, I've been slowly but happily downloading mods, and testing them, and playing and trying to figure out what kind of evil power makes the puzzle-piece style transit so much fun.  But when I'm zoomed in past a certain level, among the ambient noises, there's sound like a guy grunting or sighing or something, and it's way louder than the normal ambient traffic and wildlife and industry sounds.  I have to zoom out or else it sounds like, well, a horny bear or something.  Does anyone know of a download (or any other reason) that does this?  I do think it's kind of funny, but it does get old.  Also, there are little weird glitches in the audio sometimes, but they are not really bothersome, but maybe important?  They happen usually on mouse clicks or sometimes on zooming in/out.  And I'm not sure but I think the grunting sounds come after the city has grown a bit, I haven't noticed it on cities smaller than around 5-10k population, and it's definitely not there from the beginning, because I spend quite a bit of time zoomed up close messing around with those puzzle pieces.  I really feel like it must be something I downloaded, but it doesn't seem to have a central location, just all over the map.  I definitely downloaded it at the lex, unless it came from one of the dependencies that pointed at simtropolis.  Thanks for any ideas. . . &mmm

edit - I figured out that this comes from the graveyards at halloween, haha, ahem, but it is obnoxious, and I will not build any more graveyards.