• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

a question about transit enabled lots

Started by VeTram, March 16, 2009, 01:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

VeTram

- This is the last time that i open a new post , asking someth.  Next time , i will continue in my mainly thread "VeTram's L.E Project with your Help"
Let's see if you also have an answer for the following question..
-Well , when we have a transit enabled lot fixed with SC4Tool , and we put it near the street or road , we have the following result of the pic..

Please take notice that i have used Uni-Density Mod by Swamper77 , in order not to see any grass near the street , but as you can see in the "green" lot where the transit enabled lot exist , the result is not satisfying... The street doesnt look nice in connection with the parking lot.. Do you know what i can do?...also do you know when i see street lights when i lay down a street? ..i can see that there is a random place of street lights when i lay down a street .. can i control that?
thanx
For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Swamper77

VeTram,

You won't be able to change the streetlight placement near plopped Lots very easily. They are controlled by T21 exemplars, which require some advanced modding to modify. T21 exemplars tell the game how to place props such as road signs and streetlights onto the networks.

As for the sidewalks, there is Sap23's Euro Asphalt Sidewalk on the STEX that you can use to the networks with the plopped lots. When using this mod, you will have to adjust your transit-enabled lots to match.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

VeTram

Thanks swamper77 , but i have already done so , and the result was about the same ....look at the following picture...

or better look at this pic

For every friend of this community , do NOT forget to send me a p.m if ever visit Greece .

Swamper77

Okay, so now the question is, are the T street intersections custom transit-enabled Lots or is the large parking lot a transit-enabled Lot?

-Swamper
Pagan and Proud!

VeTram

Jan , there is only one large parking lot which is transit enabled only in the tile of  T  street interception . It's building exemplar is from NDEX Parking lots and its ADC_COM ParkingTransit . I have just only changed textures and props.  Then just lay down the street and lay down the T interception..

wouanagaine

I think you have to choose a matching texture for the entrance in the lot ( ie where the TE start ) because you won't be able to change the T intersection texture
By TEing a lot, you basically tell the game to beleive there is a street where there is in fact the lot entrance. So the game will draw the T intersection for a street/street intersection

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

VeTram

wouanagaine , do you mean the base texture?  If yes , i found a color similar to street , and here is the result...

in the first pic i use sap23 and Uni-Density of course

and in the second one , without sap23 and Uni-Density again

..........hmmmm  i dont know if the result is satisfying..  is there any other way?.. also , what about the sidewalks?  can i create custom lots for the sidewalks?  (I mean to use some props for trees , benches , etc)

Swamper77

Quote from: VeTram on March 17, 2009, 11:31:15 AM
..........hmmmm  i dont know if the result is satisfying..  is there any other way?.. also , what about the sidewalks?  can i create custom lots for the sidewalks?  (I mean to use some props for trees , benches , etc)

If you mean to place such props onto the roadways, you can't do that with Lots. Lots can't be placed on top of networks without being transit-enabled, and 2 transit-enabled Lots cannot be placed next to each other. The props that appear on the roadways are placed there by T21 exemplars. T21 exemplars are special exemplars that place props on specific tiles, such as the T intersections of the street in your pictures. They require advanced modding to create and implement correctly when making custom T21's.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!

wouanagaine

IMHO, I think you should add an overlay texture at the entrance of the LOT to match the street and add some props to it, so they'll hide the difference in texture
But then rereading the thread, I'm not sure we're speaking of the same thing ???

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

dedgren

I tend to look at issues like this in terms of the textures involved.

...when you are a hammer, everything looks like a nail...

If you want to soften the edge between the intersection and the lot, add some striping and tire wear marks to the texture square of the parking lot outlined in green.  I've transferred my quick and dirty work over to the other entrance- you can match up the lines and darkened marks to your taste.

If I were doing what you are trying to do, I'd change the street exemplars to rid myself of the T21 "intersection junk."  It's poorly implemented in this particular instance by the designers- nobody would miss it.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

VeTram

Oh! three great members of communtity to answer my question! :)...that' s  really a great honor for me...thanks so much :thumbsup:

Jan ,  so , i can make and place lots on top of networks...sounds interesting to me...also , yes i know that two TE Lots can't be placed next to each other . I can make those lots no TE , and place them between a TE lot and the road/street...am i right? ...As for T21 exemplars of roadways , i really have no intention to involve with them ....and i dont intent to involve , simply because i havent understood yet enough well , network in game...i mean what are they really? are they lots ?   ...i think this is something that missing in informations around the forums..thanx always and pls stay in touch..

wouanagaine   , yes i think you have understood me well , and we are speaking of the same thing. As you saw , i have changed the base texture to match better with the street . I couldnt find a texture more look like street.  Really does the street texture has an ID?  ...Can i find a same texture like the street texture?...As for the overlay texture with props you mentioned , i think it will not work , because the problem is the  width of the street , which is more thin and the texture in the tile of the custom lot ( which is the lot entrance , in this case ) is larger.. thanx always

and David , thanks a lot for your interesting. First thing you mention about  tire wear marks isnt a bad idea.. although i have seen in many MD's and pics around the forum that there isnt such a problem , like mine. I quess , this happens because the lot in my case is TE.  For the second thing you mentioned , as i wrote before to Jan , i dont want to involve with T21 exemplars ( at least , yet ) before i understand well enough the meaning of networks..( streets , roads etc)....thanks a lot , and if you read the last page of my main thread "VeTram's L.E Project with your help" i have mentioned something about you , which may interest you. thanx always :thumbsup:

Swamper77

Quote from: VeTram on March 17, 2009, 01:36:52 PM
Jan ,  so , i can make and place lots on top of networks...sounds interesting to me...also , yes i know that two TE Lots can't be placed next to each other . I can make those lots no TE , and place them between a TE lot and the road/street...am i right?

The only way you can place Lots on top of networks is to make them transit-enabled. Lots that are not transit-enabled cannot be placed on top of networks.

Quote...As for T21 exemplars of roadways , i really have no intention to involve with them ....and i dont intent to involve , simply because i havent understood yet enough well , network in game...i mean what are they really? are they lots ?   ...i think this is something that missing in informations around the forums..thanx always and pls stay in touch..

Networks are not Lots. They are sets of textures and/or models that are drawn with specific tools that have RULs for how they can and cannot be drawn. Each network type has its own set of RULs for how it can be drawn. There are also RULs for how the networks connect to each other, like at a railroad crossing. Networks are very complex objects to understand and work with.

-Jan
Pagan and Proud!