• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Beautiful Santa Rosita

Started by TopCliff, April 11, 2009, 07:32:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

calibanX

This is great. I recently flew into Newark and came in low over those row homes. You've got that nailed in SoPo. Nice work.

Geoff
Where City and Country Flow Together

TopCliff

Pat: It's okay, no worries.
calibanx: That does mean a lot. I was going off pictures since it's been years since I was last in New York. Good to know that SoPo is down pat.

Okay, for starters: I'm not dead. Now that that's out of the way, I have not had much time for SC4. Plus, when I went to open Capital City, it was wiped away forever. That means I'll be giving 100% dedication to Santa Rosita now. I can guarantee there will be an update sometime in the next two weeks. I know, that's not very good, but I've trying to give up my latest computer addiction. So please, to prevent this from having another near death experience, let's hang in there! You can trust me on this. :D
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

Tomas Neto

TopCliff

Tomas Neto: Thank you.

Alas, I have good news and bad news. Unfortunately, the bad news must come first because the good news won't make sense otherwise. All right, bad news: in the last few days of playing Santa Rosita, it's become so taxing on my system that I either save each and every time I plop something or it crashes. It's gotten a little irritating, and yesterday when I tried to load the tile, it flat out crashed. So, bad news is Santa Rosita has become unplayable. Good news is it's only for the time being. I'm getting another external hard drive that I'm going to transfer all of SC4 over to so my laptop isn't handling the load. The other goods news is that in the mean time, I'll be starting a new region that, of course, I will showcase here. Santa Rosita is not dead, just comatose. In the next week or so, expect a new city, a type of city I've never tried before. Until then, later dudes.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

TopCliff

TopCliff

Okay, I know what you're thinking: he's a triple poster! Only spammers do that! No, I'm not a spammer, I'm an informant. I'm here to sadly inform you of bad news (well, bad news for me, at least). Remember how the Capital City tile kept crashing? Well, for some strange reason, now the entire program is crashing, always at random intervals. Even with saving every minute, it's still not a minute. Basically, Capital City's completely gone, Santa Rosita is more finicky than a picky eater in a buffet, and Rosemont, my new experiment, is literally destroying itself.  &mmm We had a good run while it lasted, and I don't think I'll have a functioning city for a while.  :( Not only do I have to get SC4 working somewhat normally again, but I'll also be travelling the rest of summer. I can say that when I return, I will have something I've never done before. Consider this inactive, if not over. Until I return, later dudes.

beutelschlurf

moin TopCliff,

sad news, mate, really! i can't even imagine what would be if my maschine or at lest an important programm would crash or not work properly!
i feel with you ...  &mmm

b_schlurf

Sciurus

Hello House MD 2nd! :D

How are you? I find your city very beauitful, a little reproduction of Manhattan $%Grinno$%.

Guillaume, Dr House 1st :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *