• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BourneID

Sepsis:  Needs more red....  paint it all red!

the effect for water.....

in photoshop... open the image... create a new layer... with a soft edge brush paint the water areas solid (leaving a space around objects shuch as ships and shore) control click on that layers icon in the layers pallet... selecting the painted layer... hide that layer and switch over to the image layer... select Filters/Distort/ocean ripple

set the ripple size low and the magnitude 3/4 (or best, make sure preview is on)

now without deselecting... go under Edit/Fade ocean ripple and lower the visibility to give a transparnt wave effect....

for the water disterbance behind the boat....  I simply went to google images, typed in ship wake and selected one that was interesting.... and selected an area of it that was usable... erased unneeded areas and placed on a layer ... lowering the visability ... used a gassian blur to soften it up a bit and played with the levels a bit...

:)

Smile Y'all

Cali

this is one pic, it took me a while to decide how to do this , so here ya go:)
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

Gaston

Comrade Sepsis,
     This is an excellent example of the superiority of the mother land.    $%Grinno$%   j/k

Great stuff though.  I loved the bridge / island / tunnel transition.    Something I would have never thought of but have seen many times in my travels.   Keep up the good work.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Adriano57

Cali => A spectacular sea front !

sepsis => Wow! great work!

bat

Cali

another one from the same city, also with military

bat

seemurray2

urban

wow, everything looks fantastic :thumbsup:

I'm creating an carribean Island right now, this is a part of the shoreline with a small marina

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Cali

bat

That is a very nice carribean island! :thumbsup:

Adriano57

Wow very nice, urban ! I love the water effect

rooker1

Rayden, Alek and Sepsis.......I think those are some of the best ports yet.  Great pictures, thanks for sharing.
Call me Robin, please.

TheTeaCat

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

jacqulina

i think everyones work is awesome,
i dont know if these come under the shoreline title if not i will remove thankyou

Giligone

Antoine

Serkanner

Those shores are brilliant Jacky ...  :thumbsup:

bat

Gaston

Love the shorelines Jacqulina.   I really like the fishing village.   It ia a Japanese BAT isn't it?   I have seen it before on one of the Japanese sites but I can't remember which one.   Very nice.

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09