• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your shoreline/seaport

Started by Rayden, December 12, 2006, 01:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

I would say that those qualify as shoreline shots. The first one in particular is just stunning with the underwater flora. Were you able to get that look after just one try or was their some use of the bulldozer button? It looks amazing and so absolutly natural (what with the trees at the bottom and the way they partially shield that boat to provide a sense of depth to the pic). Congratulations and I look forward to seeing more of your work.

jacqulina

hi there,thankyou so much for the wonderfull comments,
GASTON yes my friend thats the japanese nets ect but off hand i cant remember whos site it might have been nob,but i could look if you would like and tell you,
THREESTOOGES sometimes i get the look quite quick that im after,but most of the time like the lighthouse took many bulldozing to get it right,did you see the lighthouse pic,its on the front page of devotion.it does take a long time with the little details
thanks so much

Asahi

Gaston, I think this is what you're looking for.
It's NOB's Fishing Port Expansion pack vol. 2

Asahi
あさひ

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination

Gaston

Yes Asahi that is it .    I looked at all my links to the great Japanese sites except NOB's.   LOL   I kept telling myself that it couldn't be his for some reason.   $%#Ninj2  Thanks for posting the link.    You should post some picks of that city around the fishing village.    It looks really interesting from what I can see of it.   

Jacqulina,
    Thanks for the offer.   But looks like Asahi beat ya to it.   LOL     Thanks again for posting some really nice pics.    Your stuff always seems to relax me.    It always has a calming quality about it.    ()stsfd()

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Asahi

Gaston
Yeah, I'd like to see the city around the fishing village too!! ;D The city isn't mine, it's just a sample screenshot from NOB's fishing village set download page.

But I just happened to post something of a similar atmosphere at "Show us your small towns" topic so check it out if you're interested. :)
あさひ

(\__/)

Gaston

LOL   I just figured that out.
I was actually posting a reply over at the small city forum and lost it.   I'll go back and repost it.

---Gaston
白龍

WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

freedo50

hey all ive just picked up SC4 again the lother day and i thought id start with a port so here are some shots, its a WiP mind:

and there are some massive moasics here:

Low Quality Version - 2MB
Medium Quality Version - 8MB!
High Quality Version - 19MB!!

bat

Asahi

19MB JPEG?!! what the...
You know, this big mosaic is great, you can get the feeling where you're playing the game with this wonderful seaport in your city. Looking forward to how the rightward area develop!
あさひ

(\__/)

oldrogue

&apls 

Wow people.....love this thread...I've started a mostly seaside region and plan on doing one major seaport and alot of small fishing villages....I've picked up more idea's from this thread.....wonderfull, wonderfull....Thank you very much...all of you for your hard work and generosity......btw....have been using Google Earth to look at some of the worlds harbors, and grab some pix from them......good resource also....
Sometimes I go into my own little world....but it's ok, they know me there.

Shiftred

Compact seaport area

Looking east over the Rone River

Westward over Rone River

Gaston

Shiftred,
    Very nice looking pictures.    It has a European feel about it.

---Gaston
白龍

Shiftred

rooker1

Shiftred, I really like your compact seaport.  The two bridges add a great effect to the area.  BTW, where did you get the gren roofed industrial building in the left hand side of the first picture?  Thanks in advance if you can help.
Call me Robin, please.

Shiftred

Here is the green roofed building from the first piture created by CP on the LEX
The wagon Mill

sebes

Great seaports everybody :thumbsup:

Freedo 50: your high quality mosaïc is absolutely wonderful  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Wonderful shoreline, Shiftred! :thumbsup: Great job!

jmyers2043

Hello Asahi - I like the beach picture with all the small fishing boats ... and the nets set out to dry. It looks like a 'small fishing village along a stone pebble beach at low tide' and you've captured it nicely in that screen shot.

<edit: I clicked on the link and things are much clearer... Thanks Arne ...  :-[ >
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

vester

J: It's not Asahi's picture but NOBs.

but still it's a good picture/bat.

dedgren

Just a few shoreline pics I've done recently in 3RR [linkie].

Enjoy!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax