• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nexis Works

Started by mrbisonm, May 12, 2009, 11:44:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Thank You for putting me up here as a first, and I will surely try to fulfill the curiosity of the members with our BAT and LOT project. FrankU and I will be on that projects for the next weeks, maybe even months.

One thing though, especially mentioned for rooker1, our co-operative thread should be here instead of our individual BAT and LOT threads.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14150.80

We will be working there until this project is finished and only use our "other" projects in these threads shown here in the OSITM and which will be more or less quieter than the other thread.
Is it possible to change this? If not, I suppose we will arrange ourselves that you get a full view of the project in this thread.

Here is just a sample of what's coming up and in the working. Thank you for the interest.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

rooker1

All three threads are in OSITM for now.  I have done this because I believe we want your individual threads spot lighted and to recieve the reward, but I can't see any reason right now why a joint thread could also be awarded the a reward for each memeber in the one thread.  I'll leave it this way for now, but you two can use your joint thread for the rest of the month to show case your works.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

carlfatal

So here too: congrats!  :thumbsup:
I love Your BATs, and i use some of them on my island. And i think there is no nexis BAT i missed to download if available.
I will come back, no, i´ll have to...  ;)
Greetz, Carl

mrbisonm

Just to give some feedback in my almost forgotten BAT-thread, so you folks know what's going on with my BATting projects elsewhere.

As you know I have been working on the MFP1 Project (ModernFarmProps1) for the last 6 months or more and finished by now the Mainbuildings (barns and stables), also most of the dry manure piles and about to finish the liquid manure tanks. That Project can be seen with many more details  on a co-operative thread with FrankU here:

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=14150.160

Then on Peg's site, I started to work on something different by demand. My first MMP, driftwood. Something to plop on beaches or on old  logged areas to make them even more realistic looking. Here are some pictures.

Since I have no knowledge on how to make MMP's and no time to learn for the moment, silur will make them for me, while I do the BATting.
There will be 8 to 10 models to plop with different sizes and textures. The last picture will be a final model and alos the last one to plop.

I will keep you all informed here how this project will realize itself, but it will take some time though, since the MFP1 and Real Life is taking a lot of space at the moment.
Some more can be seen on Simpeg's site here:

http://www.simpeg.com/forum/index.php?topic=10276.new#new

Have Fun with Nexis........ ;)

Fred

EDIT: one more picture of that last log ingame on a beach.

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Jack_wilds

Quote from: Aaron Graham on June 25, 2012, 03:00:04 PM
looks great. :D

I agree  :P ...  :thumbsup: like the tweaking on the manure pits; the 'scaling' feels more 'right'

mrbisonm

Ok, go ahead and laugh.......I simply forgot to bring back the image in gmax to normal view, where you can see the panels, instead of the wireframe. Could someone please help?

(going nuts trying to figure out how it's done)

Thanks

Fred

vester

Right-click on the window title in this case saying "Perspective"
then I think its called View -> Textured or something.

Some great work you are doing.

mrbisonm

Doesn't seem to work, no texture something under views.......Thanks.
Anyone else have an idea?

vester

Started up gmax.

Right-click on "Perspective" in the top left corner of the window:

Click on Smooth + Highlights

mrbisonm

Thanks vester, that worked. Now I have another problem, maybe by clicking all kinds of things to get the first one fixed.
Whenever I click on the model or parts and move them, they become wireframe, but get back to full boxes once released, which also makes the arrows on the "select and Move" look different and harder to pick.

Thanks again. And I promiss not to touch anything else anymore without knowing what I am doing..... ;)

Fred

mrbisonm

Not that I have a habit to bump my own threads/posts, but in this case I would like to continue to BAT without being obliged to re-install gmax.
I don't want to "try" this and that in case Iwill freak out the whole program anfd make a mess that I will never be able to clear. So please, I could need a little "push" (help) here.

Quote from: mrbisonm on July 14, 2012, 02:10:48 PM
Whenever I click on the model or parts and move them, they become wireframe, but get back to full boxes once released, which also makes the arrows on the "select and Move" look different and harder to pick.

Thanks folks. ;)

Fred

gn_leugim

are you sure is about gmax defenitions and not a problem with that model's normals? does it happen when you create other file and/or open other models?

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on July 21, 2012, 02:16:18 PM
are you sure is about gmax defenitions and not a problem with that model's normals? does it happen when you create other file and/or open other models?

Nothing to do with this particular model, since the all gmax files are like this when I open them, even if I want to start a new model and backset everything to new.. Kinda keeping me away from modeling my stuff and I don't want to re-install the program again...... Thanks for the help.

Fred

vortext

Sorry to say I have no experience with Gmax so my only suggestion would be to ask around in related fora, like TurboSquid. It's probably another checkbox or something, surely someone will know which one exactly. Hope you can go back BATting soon.

btw, did you get this issue fixed?
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mrbisonm

Quote from: vortext on July 23, 2012, 12:04:24 PM
Sorry to say I have no experience with Gmax so my only suggestion would be to ask around in related fora, like TurboSquid. It's probably another checkbox or something, surely someone will know which one exactly. Hope you can go back BATting soon.

btw, did you get this issue fixed?

Oh Geeeeezz, I don't want to become a member over at turboaquid only to ask one question. There must be someone here that can help.

Btw Vortext, I gave up on that other problem that I have with the graphic card or whatever that iit is or was. I don't play SC4 anymore because of that, I had enough trying to figure out what the problem is. I tried what they said to "adjust", but because my computer is in french I couldn't really tell which boxes to check and no one there seems to know neither, so I tried what I thought would be right and screwed the whole thing up even more than it was.
I even re-installed the freaking game about 3 or 4 times and nothing changed.

Thanks

Fred

gn_leugim

gosh, or you have a natural gift to mess around stuff or your graphic card is quite bad (maybe)  &Thk/(

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on July 24, 2012, 07:46:08 AM
gosh, or you have a natural gift to mess around stuff or your graphic card is quite bad (maybe)  &Thk/(

lol......you bet.....lol. I set it back to where it was (glad I kept a copy of the original). But that didn't solve the problem of the game being so darn slow when plopping roads near tracks though.

Everyone......Still looking for help on my gmax problem (above), please?

Fred

vortext

Quote from: mrbisonm on July 23, 2012, 04:03:06 PM
I don't play SC4 anymore because of that

&mmm  Wish I could stop by with my french dictionary at hand.

Hope you'll at least get Gmax running properly.

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

gn_leugim

Man, I'll try to dig in in what I know of Gmax to see if I figure out what is wrong with you. Somehow I believe you messed up the render software or the graphical definitions of the program. I'll see what I can find