• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

People Props

Started by straha, May 27, 2009, 06:37:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

straha

I have been working on lotting my medieval village, and am in need of people props.  I have loads of props in my plugins directory, so many that it takes almost fifteen minutes for lot editor to open.  My problem is that most of the people props are not named in a way that makes them easy to find.  What I need is a list of people prop file names so that I can find them in LE, and also any cool people prop packs that you know of would be nice.  Again, specific file names would be of great help.

Thanks!

On a side note, one cool prop for rural areas would be animated chickens.  Sort of like the seagulls, and horses, but chickens that run around on the ground.
- Straha, the Bard of Hackney

CasperVg

First of all there's the Maxis' 'milling' props, that can be found using amill in the LE Search Box. Other than that, I know that SimGoober made a bunch of person props, and they have been put in his Mega PropPack, which can be found here on the LEX.

Have fun lotting! I'm looking forward for the results.
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Rayden

JBSimio also made some changes to timed prop families of people. I think you can find them in his MegaProps vol1.

straha

Thanks for the replies!  Now, yes, I'll admit that I'm trying to take the lazy way out by asking this, but does anyone have any idea what the actual prop names are in LE for SG and JBS mega packs?

rooker1

Simgoober has very clearly labeled his props.  If you go to his section in your LE prop list, you should no problem finding them.  Look for BSC member names.  ;)

Try typing in "person" in the search, you'll get a lot.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

straha

You know, I think in all of the things I searched on, "person" is one I didn't.  People yes, person, no.

Thanks

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

dsrwhat316

There is another set of Maxis props I use for people props. Do a search in the Lot Editor props tab for "Aper". You'll get props for women, men, children and a host of different animations to use as well.

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

JBSimio

Quote from: Rayden on May 27, 2009, 07:39:12 AM
JBSimio also made some changes to timed prop families of people. I think you can find them in his MegaProps vol1.

Actually, all the timed people props I made can be found in BSC MEGA Props_JBSimio_Vol03.  They're all revised versions of the standard Maxis Amill (small, small-medium, and medium clusters).  I put them all into prop families... which for some reason I noticed that I never named.  If you scroll down the prop families list mine start around 0xA1E0000C through 0xA1E0001D.  The first six will always show crowds at some point in the day... the later ones are mixed in with invisible props so they may or may not show anything.  All are set to display for shorter periods of time than the originals... 4-6 hours instead of all day, if I remember correctly.  ;)

JB

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion